Enpass Discussion Forum

ISSUE - Sync Error, Passwords of data on Dropbox is required

aaronbernak

Hello

My iphone and macboox no longer have the same passwords. My phone only has 57 of my passwords and my laptop has 150+/

How do i correct this issue?

When it asks me to enter "the password of data" none of the passwords I think this might be work. How can I reset this password or resolve this issue? is there anyone at enpass I can call?

Thank you

Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 8.53.02 AM.png

Hi @aaronbernak

You might have recently changed Master Password on your Device A which has encrypted your backup files with the updated Master Password hence if you are trying to sync your items on a Device B, it is asking for your new Master Password (although you can login on Device B with your old Master Password).

Please enter the latest Master Password in the prompt and it will resolve the sync issue.

Let me know if it works for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m also facing the same problem: Enpass requires the “password of data” and it does not accept the master password of the vault though the master password was not changed!

I tried disconnecting from Dropbox account, deleting the remaining vault file in Dropbox, reconnecting to Dropbox account, and then syncing again.

This worked well at that time. However, after several days, Enpass returned to showing the error.

Does anyone know the current situation to solve the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @all 

For DropBox issue, please follow the below steps, and let me know if the issue get's resolved -

1. Turn off the sync from all devices.
  2. Open Dropbox in any browser --> App --> Open Enpass Folder --> Select vault.enpassdbsync file --> Rename it as oldvault.enpassdbsync.
  3. Open Enpass and enable sync with the Dropbox on all the devices

• 2 weeks later...

The wording of that dialog needs to be made clearer. It is INCREDIBLY confusing and ambiguous!

Why does this happen? What is the root cause of this? If it just happens randomly, it doesn't exactly make me feel confident about the reliability and security of this service :(

Edited by bunnyhero
added more thoughts

• 4 weeks later...