Enpass Discussion Forum

Cryptomator integration

toomaj

Hi,

Cryptomator team has published plugin API as part of v1.6.0 release, and KeePassXC, the opensource password manage is the first plugin on the list. To me, since Cryptomator is one of the major cloud encryption tools out there, it makes sense to have an Enpass plugin for it.

The plugin can start with storing vault passwords which secures & simplifies accessing encrypted files. 

Thank you

https://plugin.purejava.org/

https://cryptomator.org/tags/cryptomator/

Edited by toomaj
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Hitman

There is no problem with WebDav except that some cloud providers force users to turn 2FA off to activate WebDav and some others bypass 2FA on WebDav, well, I consider that a bad practice. However, the suggestion I’ve made here has nothing to do with how Enpass database is stored, that means  WebDav is irrelevant :-). To clarify, Cryptomator is a popular encryption tool, so I was thinking it would be convenient and secure to have the possibility of storing Cryptomator’s vaults passwords in Enpass via plugin based integration. Enpass team can develop a Cryptomator plugin to achieve that and I found it not that difficult :-)

Edited by toomaj

4 hours ago, Hitman said:

What would be the advantage over just using Enpass' built in WebDAV, DropBox etc. sync?

The integration he's talking about isn't about storing Enpass vauis. It's secure way for password managers to supply credentials for encrypted vaults in Cryptomator. 

In the world of Android and ios, there are already Autofill-api:s natively builtin, but in windows and Linux there's no native alike. Today you have to copy and paste passwords into non-websites when using Enpass for desktops, which sucks since the clipboard is a poorly guarded buffer. 

Many of the KeePass derivates has kickass _autotype_ (not autofill) functionality for desktops which doesn't rely solely on the clipboard. The best one, hands down is keeweb IMHO. With keeweb I don't even need a browser plugin with keeweb, when having an app or website in focus, I hit a key combo and keeweb fetches the windows title and tries to read the url if using Chrome and enters the saved creds like a keyboard would. 

I'd also like Cryptomator-support like suggested here, but autotype would be a killer too for any kind of app. 

Edited by Ivarson
  • Thanks 1