Enpass Discussion Forum

Wi-Fi Sync Best Practices Question

Mr. Cheese

I have a very simple setup: 1 vault, 1 PC running enpass wifi server, 1 android phone, 1 ipad. I update enpass data somewhat rarely; the occasional add of a new credential, and changing of existing passwords.

I got the wifi sync working just fine, but was wondering if it was a good idea to "pause" the server after syncs, and only enable it when I want to force a sync across devices. This is, of course, less convenient, but am willing to do so if this is more secure. My gut feeling is that it's ok to leave running given that credentials or a QR scan was required for a client to receive data, but thought I would ask anyhow.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi @Mr. Cheese,

Welcome to the Enpass community.

On 10/23/2021 at 11:37 PM, Mr. Cheese said:

I got the wifi sync working just fine, but was wondering if it was a good idea to "pause" the server after syncs, and only enable it when I want to force a sync across devices.

We do not recommend "Pausing the server" because auto-sync happens after every 15 secs, while the app is in the foreground. Also, when you save any change in item details or master password, Enpass waits for 5 secs and initiates an auto-sync.

So it is not advisory to pause the sync server although you can but no changes made will be reflected on your client device.

• Like 1