Enpass Discussion Forum

2FA not filled on AnonAddy website

Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - Enpass Desktop 6.7.2 (885) - Browser Extensions (Brave & Edge) 6.6.2 

When logging in to AnonAddy the 2FA entry is left blank by Enpass, I need to manually copy and paste the 2FA code. The code is correct, but Enpass won't automatically enter the 2FA code. I have enabled both upper Autofill options including Automatically copy and fill one-time code after autofill

2FA code entry works correctly on numerous other websites, but just not AnonAddy for some reason.

As a thought, where there are such issues, a feature that would help would be a 2FA button in the browser extension. So rather than having to open the entry and then copy and paste the code, you could simply click a 2FA button and Enpass would paste in the 2FA code. The browser extension has copy username, password and URL as right-click options but not 2FA. But a dedicated 2FA button would be easier and quicker.

Thank you for the continued development of Enpass.

Edited by Thoughts?
  • Like 1

Hi @Thoughts?,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

2 hours ago, Thoughts? said:

I need to manually copy and paste the 2FA code. The code is correct, but Enpass won't automatically enter the 2FA code. I have enabled both upper Autofill options including Automatically copy and fill one-time code after autofill

If you have enabled this option "Automatically copy one-time password after autofill"  then Enpass will automatically copy the one-time code from the item to the clipboard, if incase it doesn't auto-fills the 2FA you just need to paste (Ctrl+V) the one-time code and log in. For more information please refer this link.

• Like 1

Hi Gulshan

Thanks for your comment. I'm a donut for overlooking that!

Is the autofill of the 2FA code at a fixed time delay, for every entry, or is Enpass analyzing the page to check when the 2FA window is shown? I wasn't sure if it was working 'blind' so to speak, or if it actually knew when the 2FA window appeared. 

Thanks once again.

• Like 1

@Thoughts?,

Enpass runs a countdown of 30 seconds so that you know when the code expires and the new code will be automatically generated (countdown restarts). Enpass will eventually then update the one-time code.

PS- Enpass will also automatically update the one-time password to the clipboard once it gets changed after 30 seconds in the item.

Cheers!!

Edited by Gulshan Dogra