Enpass Discussion Forum

Adding or deleting attachments does not update an entry's last modified date

Thoughts?

Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - Enpass 6.7.4.919 and 6.7.2.885

When adding or removing attachments, the desktop app doesn't update an entry's last modified date.

I'm not sure whether this was intentional, or simply a bug.

Also, as a related feature request, it would be helpful if Enpass could provide a confirmation request before deleting an attachment. Currently, pressing the X instantly deletes the attachment without warning. For additional security, the option to request the master password or more usefully the PIN, if set, would also be good.

Thank you

Hi @Thoughts?,

Thank you for contacting Enpass.

I appreciate you for sharing the details and it has been forwarded to the concerend team for further investigation. I'll let you know as soon as I have any updates regarding the same.

3 hours ago, Thoughts? said:

Also, as a related feature request, it would be helpful if Enpass could provide a confirmation request before deleting an attachment. Currently, pressing the X instantly deletes the attachment without warning

I have duly noted your suggestion and it has been forwarded to the concerned team for further consideration.

3 hours ago, Thoughts? said:

For additional security, the option to request the master password or more usefully the PIN, if set, would also be good.

On Windows, you can use Windows Hello or a PIN to quickly unlock Enpass. To enable Windows Hello, select the Windows Hello option and you’ll be required to confirm the Windows Hello PIN or the biometrics. Open Enpass--> Go to Settings--> Click on PIN.

image.thumb.png.25953b9fb5bf84ce259e3caf4402861e.png

Cheers!!

#SI-2426
#SI-2427

Hello Gulshan Thank you for replying.

I was aware of, and use, the PIN feature in Enpass. My suggestion was that, if a user could set the option of needing to enter their Enpass PIN, before an attachment was deleted, it would prevent attachments being accidentally deleted. 

So my suggested sequence would be, press X, enter PIN, press ok, attachment would then be deleted.

Thanks Again

• Like 1

@Thoughts?,

On 11/8/2021 at 2:23 PM, Thoughts? said:

Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - Enpass 6.7.4.919 and 6.7.2.885

When adding or removing attachments, the desktop app doesn't update an entry's last modified date. I'm not sure whether this was intentional, or simply a bug.

I would like to share that this issue has been reproduced on our end also and our team is working on it, it will be fixed in the future updates of Enpass. Thank you for reporting this issue. Your patience is highly appreciated.

#SI-2426

• 3 months later...

Attachments are important parts of an Enpass entry. Sometimes they are the only information. But when you add, replace ore delete an attachment the 'Last-Change' timestamp is not updated, see the following screenshots of an example. For this example, the attachment file was added about one hour later ...

So currently there is no way to identify recent changes of Enpass items when an attachment was modified.

1724766150_EnpassItemWithoutAttachment.png.4595aa69de2683162d7f9b08b4876b8d.png

1328196312_EnpassItemWithAttachment.png.3dbf23559135866d713d2c3a22e25334.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...