Enpass Discussion Forum

Withheld permission

davidmarusek

I did something really dumb when I upgraded my elderly Mac to the Catalina OS yesterday. During the migration process, a dialog box popped up saying that Enpass wanted access to my Documents folder. That sounded odd to me, so I said no. When the new OS was up and I tried to use Enpass, I got an Incorrect Password message. How do I reestablish the link between the app and the files stored in Documents?

I do not use iCloud, and my Enpass version is 6.3.1(581).

Thanks

Hello @davidmarusek,

Welcome to the Enpass Forum.

It seems like there are some issues with the existing database file. We should restore a working version from backup to restore your data. Perform the following steps on your MAC:

1. Quit Enpass(if Open) using Command+Q.
  2. Depending on the OS, go to following Path in your System:
    /Users/$Username$/Library/Containers/Enpass/Data/Documents/
    OR
    /Users/$Username$/Library/Containers/in.sinew.Enpass-Desktop/Data/Documents/
    [Note: You might see multiple folders named Enpass here, please check in all such folders where you may find the Folder named Vaults. Also, Enable View hidden contents in Finder.]
  3. Here you will see a folder named Vault. Rename this folder. Let say to “XYZ”.
  4. Now launch Enpass Application. It will launch from Welcome Screen.  
  5. Select Previous Backups Option 
  6. Now Restore the latest Backup by providing your Master password. 
  7. You should be able to restore Enpass from the last backup state now.

Let me know if that works. 

Hi Manish--

In the path /Users/David/ there is no library visible. I've often wondered how to make it visible. I can't find Enable View Hidden Contents in the Finder. I've tried holding down the option key but that doesn't bring it out either. What should I try next?

My OS is Catalina 10.15.7 MacBook Pro (13 inch, mid-2012)

Enpass version 6.3.1(581)

I do find two vault files in the Document>Enpass folder: vault.enpassdb and vault.json. Are they what we're looking for?

Thanks

On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy , then click Privacy. Select Files and Folders. Select the checkbox below an app to allow it to access files and folders in that location or you can add Enpass manually if needed. 

You may need to click the lock icon and authenticate before you can add or change any items listed there. 

• Like 4