Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass without Play Store requirement

JeffB

I have been exploring Lineage OS and will be exploring e/os to "degoogle" my phone usage. It appears that Enpass only is available on Android with a dependence on the Google Play Store, which is contrary to the whole expectation. 

Has there been any thought given to providing a signed APK for Android? I know it is probably a niche market at this point, but your loyal customers could use a solution.

Thanks

Hi @JeffB,

We completely understand your concern, as of now Enpass Android app is only available on the PlayStore platform. Also, we would like to inform you that an APK is never recommended by us as it is not safe & can have many bugs, causing serious spam concerns. However, I have shared your request with the concerned team for further consideration. Your patience is highly appreciated here. 

#SI-2441

Manish,

I appreciate your consideration of this request. I really rely on Enpass and love its features. I have looked at alternatives, and none has even come close to the features of Enpass, at least for me. The desire for a non-PlayStore option would not be needed for some time (probably at least a year) and a supported official solution would be great. I would love to move to a non-Google Android OS like Lineage or e/os when the opportunity presents itself but a functional Enpass would need to be part of the move.

Thanks

• Like 1