Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass browser extension steals focus in webform when using iframes

I didn’t see any bugtracker on your site, so hereby a bugreport in the forum as well. When using enpass browser extension in Firefox or Chrome with sites which include iframes and forms the extension gives the following error in browsers console:

Error: Promised response from onMessage listener went out of scope 80 background.js:8:59712

The extension then steals focus to the first field of the form, after that it’s impossible to select text on the iframed-webpage, the extension returns the focus directly to the form again. I created a page where I can reproduce this behavior: https://www.db-works.nl/enpass-bugreport/ , please check this site with steps to reproduce.

Tested with:

• Windows 10 Enterprise Version 20H2 (OS build  19042.1165)

• Firefox 94.0.2 (64-bits) + Enpass extension for firefox version 6.7.0

• Chrome Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit) + Enpass extension for chrome version 6.7.4

Hopefully you can fix this bug.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm having the same issue after updating the extension in chrome. I have noticed it on several websites where the first field of a form is always in focus no matter which field I click on. I found I can tab to get to other fields or it is easier to disable the enpass extension. This is driving me nuts in Salesforce!

• Like 1

Hi @Deuntje, @drob, @stealth

You will be glad to know that our dedicated tech team has reproduced the bug on their end due to which this issue is occurring, and they are now working on a possible fix (to be implemented in the upcoming Enpass versions). In the meantime, please add the web pages on which this issue is occurring to the block list of your Enpass Extension Settings page. Here is how you can do it - 

1. On your browser, go to its Settings → Extensions → Enpass Extension → Details.
  2. A new page will open. Please scroll down on that page and select “Extension Options“.
  3. On the Enpass Extension Settings page, scroll down to “ Inline Autofill Menu Blocklist“, copy the URL of the webpage where this issue is occurring and paste it in the “ Add URL “ field followed by an asterisk in the end.

#SI-2505

image.png

Appreciate your patience and co-operation in the meantime.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 12/17/2021 at 10:12 AM, Abhishek Dewan said:

You will be glad to know that our dedicated tech team has reproduced the bug on their end due to which this issue is occurring, and they are now working on a possible fix (to be implemented in the upcoming Enpass versions).

Any updates on this case? When can we expect the fix?

• 3 weeks later...

Since the introduction of the "Autofill Popup Menu" in Enpass, it has been difficult to navigate the AWS console once signed in.
In the AWS services where filters are available, the Filter block gets auto-selected once the page loads. Even if we click elsewhere on the page, the Filter context menu of the particular AWS service pops up and makes its harder to click elsewhere.
For eg: in the EC2 console page even if we select the instance row, the Filter menu pops up back instantly.

image.png.29b767c66798c1529e64d247e09dcca1.png

Observed this in various other sections of Ec2 launch page as well (While going through the menu of launching an instance).

The Fix was to disable the "Show Inline Autofill Popup Menu" in Browser extension settings of Enpass.

Can you please look into this issue.

On 12/17/2021 at 10:12 AM, Abhishek Dewan said:

In the meantime, please add the web pages on which this issue is occurring to the block list of your Enpass Extension Settings page.

This Workaround is not working for me!

It took me a long time to realize that the problem comes from the Enpass plugin.

I can only bypass the problem by deactivating the "Show Inline Autofill Menu" option in the plugin. (or if you deactivate the plugin completely)

/UPDATE:

The * Wildcard in the block list is only working for the "top level", i have to add it to "http://domain.com/*/*O.o after that it worked :S

Edited by zoeck

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem and would really appreciate a fast solution other than deactivating the Auto Fill Menu.

And I am also quite sure that many other users will have this problem but have not yet figured out that Enpass is causing this.

Edited by HansMu158
added last sentence

• 1 month later...

Thanks for tracking this down to iframes and Enpass extension.

I can confirm that this issue is not limited to Firefox; I have the same problem with Opera (which is a Chromium-based browser). And because of this issue, I can't fill in forms on a Jira ticketing system, which is frequently used in our organisation. (And yes, it took me, and some of the support staff some time too to trace it to a bug in the Enpass extension! This was a painful dent in the reputation of Enpass to me! :()

Thanks for informing us about the workarounds. I have deactivated the Auto Fill Menu; The feature is nice, but I rather stay on a more robust software track instead of dealing with features that are released prematurely.

(And if I sound grumpy, that's because I've been dealing with this issue for the last months and only now realised that Enpass is the source of these problems)

Edited by MacFreek

• 8 months later...

Hi @TheDetective

To assist you better with this concern, please share the below details with me -

1. The version of the Enpass app, OS, Enpass Extension and browser you are using.
  2. The URL of the webpages on which you are facing this concern.
  3. A screenshot of any error occurring or a short video showing this behavior would be helpful.

Note - You can share the recording with us at support@enpass.io and mention this forum.