Enpass Discussion Forum

Click To Unlock Enpass

Hi @Dypsis,

Welcome to the Enpass Community.

4 hours ago, Dypsis said:

Is there any way that I can make it less intrusive or smaller?

You can not make it less intrusive or smaller but can manage the inline function by following steps if you select Don’t show on this page: this will add the current URL to the blocklist, thus preventing Enpass to show the Autofill popup menu in the future for this URL. Later you can unblock the URL list from the extension settings.

image.png.a51606ac229d91b68f2cc90ed3bbb491.png

I'll second that. It's incredibly annoying as pops up on many fields even when not related to userids or passwords. It also sits on top of buttons and fields I need to access.

So an option to remove it completely would be ideal please, or do I have to remove the browser extension and forgo the autofill?

Alan 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gulshan Dogra said:

Hi @Dypsis,

Welcome to the Enpass Community.

You can not make it less intrusive or smaller but can manage the inline function by following steps if you select Don’t show on this page: this will add the current URL to the blocklist, thus preventing Enpass to show the Autofill popup menu in the future for this URL. Later you can unblock the URL list from the extension settings.

image.png.a51606ac229d91b68f2cc90ed3bbb491.png

Hi Gulshan.
Thanks for your reply, but I don't think that is a very good solution.
Also. I couldn't follow the extensions settings link instructions.

11 hours ago, alanj said:

I'll second that. It's incredibly annoying as pops up on many fields even when not related to userids or passwords. It also sits on top of buttons and fields I need to access.

So an option to remove it completely would be ideal please, or do I have to remove the browser extension and forgo the autofill?

Alan 

Thanks for adding that additional information, Alan.

6 hours ago, Discordant said:

Turn off in-line filling for Enpass in your browser completely. You'll still be able to use Enpass like you used to, but Enpass won't add anything to the form fields like above.

That seems to have worked.

Thank you, Discordant.

• Like 3

@Gulshan Dogra and Enpass Team A few things.
First off, thanks for the software and the updates.

• Firstly, I really like the icon that shows in the input field that I can click on to enable the enpass in-line menu login features, but as described above the automatic display of the in-line menu has some issues. I wish there was a setting to disable the automatic in-line menu on page load, but keep the icon in the input field. Currently if I disable the in-line menu in the Browser Extension settings it will also remove the input icon. Further if in-line menu is disable on page load, clicking on the input field icon should then show the in-line menu as it does now.  I will make a separate issue for this.
  • Secondly, the in-line menu shows behind my input autofill suggestions making it difficult to select or see the results of the menu.
    As seen below. It would be ideal if this in-line menu would show above the suggestions. Or at least add a setting so it can be set to show above the suggestions. I will make a separate issue for this.
     2021-12-03_12-37-17.png.39fe60fc1af7ca642ea61ecc923c4963.png

Thanks

I’m not sure they can.

I’ve used quite a few password managers over the years and third party in-line password integrations like Enpass, 1Password, Dashlane, etc. offer have always appeared below the browser or system-native password/form-filling drop-downs. 

Generally if you are going to use this sort of feature it is best to pick and activate only one to be active. Either choose Enpass or choose your browser’s functionality. 

Of course Enpass still works as it always has with this feature turned off, it’s just not quite as convenient. 

• Like 1

Thanks @Discordant
I agree with you on other Password Managers or the Browsers Password Manager, but I think there should be a way to hide the Browser's Autofill Suggestions. Currently, if you click on the Escape key it hides the browsers autofill suggestions while keeping focus on the input, but clicking on the input again will just show the autofill suggestions again. So maybe the enpass extension can present a Escape key click or something like that.

I think for now another option would be to hide the "Show Inline Autofill Popup Menu" on page load, but still keep the input icon so the user can click on that instead.
Related issue here: 

I think if you allowed this feature and a user clicked on the icon then the enpass extension should be able to enable an Escape key click and then show the "Inline Autofill Popup Menu" or if really needed clicking on the icon would remove focus from the input which should remove the browsers autofill suggestions, then clicking on a login which fills in the form should then add focus back to the input or form.  I think those are pretty easy methods.