Enpass Discussion Forum

Removing Enpass from Android device causes PC to "forget" saved logins

David_Moen

I'm trying to help a customer with Enpass.  He is an older gentleman who doesn't understand a lot about technology.  He brought his Android phone into our shop, he was worried about the Enpass App, he wasn't sure how he got it on his phone, but it seemed like he hadn't completed the setup because the app was displaying a screen that said "create master password".  He told me he didn't want to use the app and wanted to remove it from his phone.  I showed him how to uninstall it.

A couple hours later, he calls the shop and tells our receptionist that he can't get into any of his banking web sites any more on his laptop, and that the passwords he had written down didn't work.  I'm assuming he also installed Enpass on his laptop as well and didn't tell me about it when he brought in his phone.  When installed on a PC, does Enpass create new complex passwords for web based logins that would supersede his prior passwords?

How can I get this gentleman access to his banking sites again?

Thanks for your time.

Hi @David_Moen,

Welcome to the Enpass Community.

I would like to share that Enpass is an Offline Password Manager and all the database and items are stored on your device only. Also, removing the Enpass application from Mobile does not hinder the database present on your Desktop version or vice-versa.

9 hours ago, David_Moen said:

does Enpass create new complex passwords for web based logins that would supersede his prior passwords?

No, it does not create complex passwords automatically, unless you have changed them manually by using Enpass Password Generator.