Enpass Discussion Forum

Oh my god this is so horrible there is no way to restore from a .enpassbackup file :( when Enpass is already setup

ng4ever

I use Macrium Reflect a lot and restore to a previous image where changes that happen before are not there anymore. For example I may go back a day or few hours. This means all the logins or other info I saved won't be there if I added it during then.

When I go back Enpass is still setup just with my previous login and other info from previously. Be it a day or a few hours.

Is there anyway to fix this issue? I back up manually my .enpassbackup file but thought that would work but you can't restore it unless you have a fresh install of Enpass and I do not want to have to uninstall Enpass and reinstall it ever time to do this. :(

I have a few solutions in mind. Anyway to move the default vault or the whole Enpass info folder in C:\Users\(username)\Documents\Enpass to somewhere else ? Like D drive instead or any other drive or partition. So when I go back a image it still sees the most current vault.

Hi @ng4ever,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I would like to share that in the Desktop version Enpass automatically takes backup of your data on a specified location in your device. I would recommend you to Enable Auto Backups by Go to Enpass settings --> Select Backup --> Auto Backups --> Enable Backup Automatically.

2 hours ago, ng4ever said:

I back up manually my .enpassbackup file but thought that would work but you can't restore it unless you have a fresh install of Enpass and I do not want to have to uninstall Enpass and reinstall it ever time to do this.

You can restore the Enpass backup file without uninstalling or re-installing Enpass for this you need to create a secondary vault and by following steps:

• Open Enpass--> Go to Settings--> Click on Vaults--> Click on (+) and created New Vault--> Then Select "Restore from this PC" and choose the Backup file--> Enter Master Password--> Click on Restore.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gulshan Dogra said:

Hi @ng4ever,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I would like to share that in the Desktop version Enpass automatically takes backup of your data on a specified location in your device. I would recommend you to Enable Auto Backups by Go to Enpass settings --> Select Backup --> Auto Backups --> Enable Backup Automatically.

You can restore the Enpass backup file without uninstalling or re-installing Enpass for this you need to create a secondary vault and by following steps:

• Open Enpass--> Go to Settings--> Click on Vaults--> Click on (+) and created New Vault--> Then Select "Restore from this PC" and choose the Backup file--> Enter Master Password--> Click on Restore.

Thanks.

I should of known this.

• Like 1