Enpass Discussion Forum

Syncing multiple vaults with multiple Nextcloud accounts

parelius

I have two vaults and two Nextcloud accounts. In the Enpass desktop version I configured each vault syncing with one of these Nextcloud accounts.

When I try to do the setup in iOS there is the following problem:

1. I enter the NextCloud URL for the first vault. I have sign in the corresponding NextCloud account. This works.
  2. When I try to repeat this for the second vault with the second account on the same NextCloud server, it is not possible to do this, because I'm still logged in the first NextCloud account and can't logg out. I don't even know how long to wait for the session being closed.

Any help?

Hi @parelius

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

If you are using iOS 14 or above on your iPhone, please change the default browser and try again. Otherwise, if you are using an older version of iOS, you will need to log off that particular NectCloud and try again. 

In case the above does not help, please DM the below details, and I will get this investigated - 

1. Version of the Enpass app and OS you are using.
  2. The NextCloud URL for testing purposes.
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a very similar problem. 

On my iPad and iPhone I cannot connect to a second NextCloud account on the same server. On my MacBook and iMac I can use 2 NextCloud accounts without any problems. I helped myself using WebDAV for the second account, but that’s not a good solution because it is slow and unsafe, especially on mobile devices.

I use the latest version of Enpass, iOS and iPadOS are up to date as well (16).

Please help and advice!

Edited by TomsCat

Hi @TomsCat

I understand that you wish to sync Enpass vaults with different Nextcloud accounts but the browser limits you to login with the first Nextcloud account.

In this scenario, I suggest you after syncing your first vault, log out the Nextcloud account from your browser and clear its browser cache and try to sync the second vault. Let me know if again you got the first vault’s Nextcloud account login. Also share the below details with me and I will gladly get this investigated for you -

1. The exact version of the Enpass app and OS you are using on all your devices.
  2. Kindly create a demo account and DM me its URL, username and password.

As I already mentioned everything is up to date. My iOS and iPadOS versions are 16.4.1. Enpass is 6.8.6.

I’m not logged in with a browser. I use Safari. But I also use the NextCloud app. There is no way to clear the caches on Apple‘s mobile OS‘s.

Sorry, but currently I cannot create a demo account. But there are NextCloud servers on the net that allow you to create trial accounts. It’s the same problem with them. 

BTW, why does this work well on macOS, but not on iOS and iPadOS?

Edited by TomsCat

Hi @TomsCat

We are looking into the reported concern for you but require some additional information - 

1. Could you please confirm if you have two different username or emails for separate vaults?
  2. If yes, then kindly check whether the Enpass folder is created on both of the cloud.
  3. Also, please share the screenshot any error message you are getting while connecting second user to that server.

Thank you for your answer!

1. No, I don't have two different usernames or emails for the vaults. They are only named different.

2. I cannot connect with the second NextCloud account because

3. I cannot connect with the 2nd account because Enpass stays logged in into the 1st account and there is no error message. This behaviour is different from the desktop app.

To me it looks important to know that on my Macs I can connect with both accounts, but not in the iPhone and the iPad.

Currently I'm not able to send you a screen shot because I'm not at home or in my office this week. Anyway, there is no error message.

Let me know if you need more information.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...