Enpass Discussion Forum

Wifi Sync when redoing main device with Enpass

ng4ever

Hi @ng4ever and @DenalB,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For example if you are using your Desktop i.e Device A (Wi-Fi Sync Server) and your Phone or Tablet as Device B (Wi-Fi Sync Client). Now if your Device A suddenly stops working or as you mentioned you did a complete format then the Device B connected over Wi-Fi sync will also stops but the database which is synced from Device A to Device B will be there in Device B.

On 12/13/2021 at 6:13 AM, ng4ever said:

Do I have to resetup Wifi Sync on the other client devices like my phone and tablet ?

Yes, you have to re-setup Wi-Fi sync on all Devices after the re-configuration of Wi-Fi Sync Sever.

21 hours ago, DenalB said:

Should be nearly the same question I have.

@DenalB In your case you need to manually tranfer your Vault's database from your iPhone to Desktop by using Restore Over Wi-Fi option.

Make sure that your iPhone and Desktop are connected to the same Wi-Fi and your Mobile’s screen remains in foreground throughout the following process:

• Open Enpass on your iOS device--> Go to "Settings"--> Click on "Advance"--> Select "Backup"--> Chose "Over-Wifi".
    image.png.f5427ebda1348a36d27c2fcc17513350.png
  • Now open your Dekstop Device -->Open any browser and enter the IP address visible in the Restore over Wi-Fi screen in your Mobile device (as shown in the screenshot above).
  • Tap  Choose File  on your system and navigate to the backup file’s location. Tap on Upload. Now you’ll be asked to enter the password of the file in your device once the upload is finished.
    image.png.d551b32ffc7c668e3b15f1f206ddf428.png

After this the you can restore the database from the backup file store in your Desktop Device and again set up a Wi-Fi Sync Server.

• Thanks 1