Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass autofill option being enabled causes Chrome to crash on specific website, after typing in password

carstenhag

When I visit https://www.flugladen.de/?&resetPasswordKey=9da6ed43-85fa-4f76-9cb6-bc494320a77d&customerId=80bac32e-18b0-4ab9-81bf-acb06540d2cb (specifically only this site) and either paste or input a password that complies with their password guidelines, Chrome crashes.

Chrome does not crash anymore when the Enpass option "Android Autofill Service" is disabled.

I have filed this bug on the Chromium Bugtracker as well, because Enpass/3rd party apps must not be able to crash Chrome: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1280378

My guess is that all password managers that use the autofill service are affected, but yeah, a Chromium dev wanted me to file it here as well.

What steps will reproduce the problem?
(1) Open URL
(2) Use Enpass to fill in the password OR copy the password, manually paste it in OR type in characters until password validation says it can be accepted
(3) Chrome crashes, I have tried it out 5+ times.

What is the expected result?
Chrome doesn't crash

What happens instead?
Chrome crashes

Please provide any additional information below. Attach a screenshot if
possible.
* Video of the issue (don#t worry, I have changed the password after this ;)):
[cant post it or the forum blocks the post]
* I have also sent 2 crash reports via the android crash reporting function.
* Device used: OnePlus 8
* Enpass version: 6.7.1.572
* If the option "Android Autofill Service" on the Enpass "Automatic Entry/Input" settings menu is disabled, the crash does not occur anymore.
* It does not happen on any other websites, at least I haven't noticed it

See also these links where a similar crash is observed, some using other password managers:
[cant post it or the forum blocks the post, see chromium bug ticket]