Enpass Discussion Forum

Login not syncing

chris007

Hi guys,

Family member added a new password, he closed Enpass password manager and then i opended mine but the login is not showing with the exact same vault. 

Does it take time to sync? How can we make sure it syncs quickly, is there some sync option we can click?

Thanks

Edited by chris007

• chris007 changed the title to Login not syncing
9 hours ago, chris007 said:

Hi guys,

Family member added a new password, he closed Enpass password manager and then i opended mine but the login is not showing with the exact same vault. 

Does it take time to sync? How can we make sure it syncs quickly, is there some sync option we can click?

Thanks

Assuming you are actually syncing the same vault and its visible in Enpass, the Automatic sync is triggered like 5 seconds after you've changed an item. There's also some auto-sync when Enpass is opened, like 30 seconds maybe (not sure).. 

If you want to sync manually on a Windows PC, you can hit Ctrl+J or find "sync now" in the apps menu.. 

If the other dude set Enpass not to show up in the System tray and closes Enpass too quick after editing an item, then indeed they won't have time to sync.. 

• Like 1

Hi @chris007

While sharing a vault, please make sure that the vault is synchronized with the same cloud account on both your and your family member's device. Also, while sharing, if any changes are made on one device, it takes few seconds to reflect on other devices. If you could also share the cloud server you are using to synchronize the common vault, that would be helpful. You can also refer to this link for more information.

• 9 months later...

To troubleshoot this issue, you need to check your firewall settings and let the Enpass app and Wi-Fi Sync Server communicate over your network. Open System Preferences, then click Security & Privacy. Click Firewall, then click Firewall Options. Allow incoming connections for Enpass and wifisyncserver_bin.