Enpass Discussion Forum

WiFi sync between W10 desktops on same local network.

Taggbricka

14 hours ago, Taggbricka said:

As they are not both connected  over WiFi it will never work, correct? 

7 hours ago, Manish Chokwal said:

True, WiFi sync only works when the devices are connected to the same WiFi network. For better understanding, please visit our website

Sorry, I have to jump in here and correct... It doesn't matter if your devices are connected via WiFi or local network cable. They only need to be in the same network!

I'm using Enpass on my Windows 11 PC which doesn't have a WiFi connection. It is connected to my local network via local network cable. This PC works as WiFi-Sync server for Enpass. All my other devices (iPhone, iPad and Laptop) are connected via WiFi. And all is fine. All devices are syncing the Enpass vault. :)

Hey @loneyman!

Yes. It works for me. Using WiFi-Sync from my PC to 2 iPhones and 1 iPad. I just scanned the qr-code from the PC, and it works.

But I reinstalled my Windows 11 PC for 3 times and had to reconfigure WiFi-Sync on every device after that. So it looks a little complicated when syncing more than 2 or 3 devices. You have to reconfigure WiFi-Sync on all of them. I backed up all the settings and registry entries for Enpass and restored them after reinstallation. Enpass looked good so far, but WiFi-Sync was not working and had to be reconfigured. Maybe there is a quicker solution to restore WiFi-Sync functionality, but I didn't find it yet.