Enpass Discussion Forum

Spaces after punctuation marks

Timotheus

I noticed that when hitting the space bar after a punctuation mark, Enpass doesn't register the space; in order to get a space after a punctuation mark, one has to hit the space bar not one but two times. Is this intended behaviour or just a bug? Anyway, I know of no other application with a similar behaviour.

• Like 1

Hi @Timotheus

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

I will gladly assist you with your query, but to do so, I require some additional information. Please share the below details with me, and I'll get this checked for you - 

1. The version of the Enpass app and OS you are using.
  2. Could you please confirm if you have observed this behaviour while editing items, creating items etc?(It will be great if you can provide a screenshot)
  3. Does this happen for all punctuation marks or just specific one's?

Thanks for your answer, Abhishek.

1. MacOS 12.1 (Monterey), Enpass 6.7.4 (Premium).

2-3. I have observed this behaviour both while creating and editing items, but only after a period or a comma, not after colon, semi-colon, question mark and exclamation mark. Screenshot attached.

Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 21.18.52.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Abhishek Dewan Sorry about leaving out the details. I figured it was the same/related bug so it would be more of an "yep, that's fixed too."

Enpass Beta 6.7.4 (951) — macOS 11.6.1

It happens in any and all editing/creating circumstances (you can see the gap when editing and when saved), and happens in every field (even in the "one-time key" field, which has a different font. But in the process of looking for correlations, I've discovered it happens only when the ending parentheses follows a rounded lowercase character, like b or p). So it may be bad kerning in the font used in Enpass. Having said that, this hasn't always been the case, but I don't remember when it started and I don't remember the font changing.

Examples (see attached screenshot):

• (Rob) has a gap between the "b" and the ")"
    • But (Robert) has no gap between "t" and ")"
  • (Cop) has the gap
    • But (Copy) does not

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 21.45.04 .png

Edited by 100 Watt Walrus
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...