Enpass Discussion Forum

Local File

RyanMcneil

Hi

I am brand new to enpass and setting it for for the first time.

In the android app one of the "restore" options is to use a "Local Storage" backup file.

I currently have another software program that keeps my local android files in sync with my desktop files (much like what a cloud sync would do).

If I tell pass to look at file XYZ on android local storage, when my program resyncs with my desktop will enpass get the new changes? or does it only read that file for the initial set up and not again after? loginjet.net

Thank you in advance

Edited by RyanMcneil

Hi @RyanMcneil

Welcome to the Enpass Community!

If you have a manual backup of your Enpass data stored on your Android device, you can restore your data using the restore option from Local Storage when you set up Enpass on your Android device.

My understanding is that you are trying to synchronize your data between Enpass installed on your Android and desktop, correct? If that is the case, you can either sync your data via a cloud server or set up a Wifi-Sync server to maintain data synchronization between your devices. Otherwise, if you sync your Enpass files with a program, you will have to manually restore your database between your devices whenever you make changes, which could be troublesome.