Enpass Discussion Forum

Imrovement requests

flyingbirds

I come from 1password and looking to suggest improvements. I'll go directly to point. For macos+iOS

• need cmd+O to anchor an entry when using the Enpass assisstant. THis is how it works on 1password
  • I think you need to do similar to 1password where you have "quit EnPass" and "quit Enpass completely" the second kills the assisstant app (mini) no need to show the app in the dock OR toolbar. You can always invoke it using cmd+alt+\
  • current enpass has a small icon to copy the field, I think the whole icon should be clickable to copy the field thats how 1pass does it
  • Possible search filters are: Titles, Passwords, Fields. There must have to be an "EVERYTHING" option and a way to set it as default.
  • on iOS, the touchid icon is very far app, should be the default option if one enabled it. So it always unlocks using touch id
  • need a way to re-arrange favorites
  • on iOS,  change the icon color from sky blue , there are a ton of apps like that which at least of are twitter, mail,app store, test flight
  • on iOS, clicking a field should auto copy it. Current behaviour: click-> show green copy button to the right->click button
  • on iOS, favorites should have side scrolling fields where on tap it auto copies the field. Thats how it is on 1password.
  • On iOS, A search field should always be there on top every where for easy access/search
  • the favicon should display on the entry (when you click a specific login item)
  • the "weak passwords" and other warning are very annoying to be on top each time, maybe put it down and have a close option (X)
  • LIcensed apps in the  licensed group should have the app icon of each app
  • the computer category is confusing, whats password for computers? meanwhile there seems to be no wifi or network category
  • The overall app needs GUI improvement, its a little bit too raw looking its not as pleasant to look at as 1password. Their icons are at least more colorful and more descriptive.The Misc. has a travel bag icon? the software license has a photo ID? but the Identities has an msn looking icon? needs work I think. 1password has favicons that fill the whole icon, some of yours are low res. favicon on a dull grey background. Example: Alibaba.com , brave.com , discord, ebay, NextDNS, Quora, Reddit.
  • Like 1

Hi @flyingbirds!

Please keep in mind that Enpass is NOT 1Password, and I think they won't be a 1Password-clone.

I also came from 1Pasword some weeks ago. Yes, it could be a little confusing if you are used to 1Password. But you will get used to Enpass, too. It takes some time, but that's how it is. I also can't go to Microsoft and say: "Hey, I come from Linux and Windows should work and feel just like Linux." :)

But, never say never... Maybe Enpass developers are loving 1Password and want to come close to the 1Password-feeling. ;)

Edited by DenalB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, DenalB said:

Hi @flyingbirds!

Please keep in mind that Enpass is NOT 1Password, and I think they won't be a 1Password-clone.

I also came from 1Pasword some weeks ago. Yes, it could be a little confusing if you are used to 1Password. But you will get used to Enpass, too. It takes some time, but that's how it is. I also can't go to Microsoft and say: "Hey, I come from Linux and Windows should work and feel just like Linux." :)

But, never say never... Maybe Enpass developers are loving 1Password and want to come close to the 1Password-feeling. ;)

Not necessarily, if the competition is doing something in a better way than you are you should adopt it too. So for example if 1password offers autofill, there is no reason for EnPass to say "we will remain just a password storage app, because we do not want to be a 1PW clone".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flyingbirds said:

So for example if 1password offers autofill, there is no reason for EnPass to say "we will remain just a password storage app, because we do not want to be a 1PW clone".

Enpass is offering autofill... But actually it could be a bit tricky to get it to work. For me, sometimes it works and sometimes not. :/

Edited by DenalB

Hi @flyingbirds, @DenalB

We appreciate such loyal and active users. Enpass heeds every need and concern. However, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that development and testing take a lot of time and resources, our goal is always to provide the best work possible.

At times, a user may feel unheard or unattended, but I assure you that at Enpass, a user's experience is paramount.

That being said, I have forwarded this information to the appropriate team for further consideration and feasibility. In the meantime, I appreciate your patience and support. :)

• Like 3

23 hours ago, DenalB said:

Enpass is offering autofill... But actually it could be a bit tricky to get it to work. For me, sometimes it works and sometimes not. :/

well I wasn't talking about JUST autofill , I was saying if the competition is doing something right it does not mean to stay on the worse way. Great looking GUI is part of the reason many people choose apps and one of the reasons that makes 1password so successful just compare Bitwarden GUI to 1password. I mean , look at the categories page on enpass vs 1password and tell me which one looks better and more legible please ignore the low resolution.

sdfs.png.10211c75f2da9f72cf43b9345e6f4187.png

20 hours ago, Gulshan Dogra said:

Hi @flyingbirds, @DenalB

We appreciate such loyal and active users. Enpass heeds every need and concern. However, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that development and testing take a lot of time and resources, our goal is always to provide the best work possible.

At times, a user may feel unheard or unattended, but I assure you that at Enpass, a user's experience is paramount.

That being said, I have forwarded this information to the appropriate team for further consideration and feasibility. In the meantime, I appreciate your patience and support. :)

thank you

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flyingbirds said:

Great looking GUI is part of the reason many people choose apps and one of the reasons that makes 1password so successful just compare Bitwarden GUI to 1password. I mean , look at the categories page on enpass vs 1password and tell me which one looks better and more legible please ignore the low resolution.

I know what you mean... Let's wait for 1Password 8 on iOS and see if it looks as good as 1Password 7. I remember a lot of negative feedback concerning the GUI in 1Password 8 on Windows and Mac when it was released. But yes, I had to get used to the Enpass GUI. ;)

Edited by DenalB
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

more feature requests:

• Ability to delete entry in the mini assistant (good for double entries when creating a new password/login)
  • email category on the side in the mini assistant . currently it has Favorites , Credit Cards, and IDs.

EDIT: I just noticed there is no "email" category in EnPass . I think one should exist since people usually sign up to things with emails.

Edited by flyingbirds
  • Like 1

While its clear that you can rearrange fields with the burger icon drag-and-drop , its not clear that you can actually delete fields. At first I thought this was not possible until I clicked on the field name and found a mini menu that makes you able to delete that specific field.

ss3.thumb.jpg.7fb46dd35f5cfda077b0bbdc2a4ce795.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. When Launching the assistant (cmd+shift+\) I click cmd+E to edit an entry but it only launches EnPass.

2. What is the Anchor short cut? and where can I find a list of EnPass shortcuts?

3. I do not understand the "Match URL hostname" option. For example, Enpass was unable to fill my protonmail account because the website field says "protonmail.com" meanwhile the login URL was "accounts.protonmail.com/login" . Shouldn't "protonmail.com " be enough for enpass to figure it out? 1PW only had to know the domain name.

Latest Enpass version and MacOS Big Sur 11.6.4 and FF latest.

Edited by flyingbirds

The icon has to be either at the dock OR the menu bar is annoying and taking unnecessary space , please make option to clear dock AND menu bar. I can call Enpass by using the shortcut cmd+alt+\ or launch enpass.

I still prefer 1pw method of quit 1pw to close the app window and keep the assistant running or quit 1pw completely which quits everything

Edited by flyingbirds

*Is there a way for Enpass to NOT suggest saving the password for this site? There is a website that I do not wish to save its password and everytime Enpass asks if I want to save this new password

*Weak Passwords and 2FA warnings are nice but there must be a way to disable them . I know the password is weak, I want it to be weak, no need to inform me. I found a way for 2FA by choosing do not save 2FA but no way for taking out the weak passwords

also I think there should be a folder or a way to show all logins that has 2FA option categorized in one area/folder

Edited by flyingbirds

Hi @flyingbirds,

Thank you for the questions, let me quickly give a view over this.

On 3/27/2022 at 11:12 AM, flyingbirds said:

Is there a way for Enpass to NOT suggest saving the password for this site? There is a website that I do not wish to save its password and everytime Enpass asks if I want to save this new password

In order to resolve this Open Enpass--> Go to "Settings"--> Click on "Browser"--> Skip these domains. Write the domain names in the text-box and Enpass will never ask you to save these domains ever. The domain names can be added/deleted from the box manually.

Weak Passwords and 2FA warnings are nice but there must be a way to disable them . I know the password is weak, I want it to be weak, no need to inform me. I found a way for 2FA by choosing do not save 2FA but no way for taking out the weak passwords

You can select that item under the Audit section Right click--> Exclude from Audit. Refer to the attached screenshot.

image.png.c35f02e90bef40f23f6cead1b7be88fb.png

also I think there should be a folder or a way to show all logins that has 2FA option categorized in one area/folder

According to what I have understood all the logins that include 2FA should be categorized together. If this is the case, we would like to inform you that there is a 2FA folder under the Audit section.

On 3/22/2022 at 7:07 AM, flyingbirds said:

hoovering with the mouse over the icons does not display a description of what the icon does

Upon hovering the mouse over the icons, the names are displayed correctly. Would recommend you to update the Enpass app to its latest version if not updated.

image.thumb.png.c34e066fdbf5b0a87d64566529419630.png

this is annoying since the top item is usually the first choice people want to click. the option to create a new item should be either at the bottom or have a plus sigh at the top near the Wifi icon or something, just not the first option because people want their logins to be the first options not in the middle.

ff.jpg

Edited by flyingbirds

23 hours ago, Gulshan Dogra said:

Hi @flyingbirds,

Thank you for the questions, let me quickly give a view over this.

In order to resolve this Open Enpass--> Go to "Settings"--> Click on "Browser"--> Skip these domains. Write the domain names in the text-box and Enpass will never ask you to save these domains ever. The domain names can be added/deleted from the box manually.

You can select that item under the Audit section Right click--> Exclude from Audit. Refer to the attached screenshot.

image.png.c35f02e90bef40f23f6cead1b7be88fb.png

According to what I have understood all the logins that include 2FA should be categorized together. If this is the case, we would like to inform you that there is a 2FA folder under the Audit section.

Upon hovering the mouse over the icons, the names are displayed correctly. Would recommend you to update the Enpass app to its latest version if not updated.

image.thumb.png.c34e066fdbf5b0a87d64566529419630.png

1-I think the the exclude new domains option should not be burried in the settings like when it suggest to store the password you should get a prompt saying "Don't Ask again for this site". that would be more intuitive.

2-The exclude option works but I think it excludes it from all audit including breach/compromised (whats the difference?) . Maybe have something more like "exclude from weak passwords" . The other thing is that the password strength in Enpass needs correcting. I have a 20 or so character password mixed with numbers and it still classify it as weak and average.

3- yeah the 2FA warning are categorized together with the blue notice on top but if you click "DON'T SAVE" it goes out of that folder. I meant I want a folder that categroise all logins WITH THE OPTION for 2FA say in the future I may want to turn it on.

4-The mouse hoover is not working for me either on assistance on the extension on FireFox. Firefox 98.0.1 , MacOS 11.6.5 Enpass 6.7.4 (938) . Not working in Safari 15.4 extension either. I do not know how to update Enpass I clicked Enpass -> About Enpass , there is no update button only Email us and Open Source Licenses.

Edited by flyingbirds

flyingbirds - I wasn't replying to your entire post, just to a question you asked. breach/compromised what's the difference?

A breach is where hackers have gained access to a database or similar of a website where you hold an account. So your specific details might not have been compromised, but the website itself was, and there's a risk your details were also stolen. 

A compromised password is a password known to have been obtained by hackers in a website breach. The password might not have been stolen from your account, it could have been an identical password used elsewhere by someone else. The simpler the password, the greater the chance of that being the case.

For both a website breach and a compromised password, the recommendation is to change the affected password to ensure the login details, if stolen, are no longer usable. 

Personally, I'd also recommend changing the e-mail. Once an e-mail is part of a stolen database, spam/malicious e-mails are more likely. Also, part of any log in using that e-mail is now known to hackers. 

Edited by Thoughts?
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here's some neat UX/UI improvements would help a lot:

1. Clear search automatically after some time or when return by some action.
because most of the time search results are there for the previous case, and list is limited because of that.

2. hot key to preview password, when the vault is unlocked, for example pressing Alt would reveal the password.

3. Automatically switch to default input method and keyboard layout (for example English) when have to unlock the Enpass,
virtually all other apps do that. User does not need to think what keyboard was enabled before the prompt for password

4. Enpass pop-up next to fields sometime abstract the information, it should be possible to just move those out of the way

Hi @dimka,

Welcome to the Enpass community.

I appreciate you taking the time to explore our app and providing these valuable suggestions. Your feedback has been duly noted and forwarded to the concerned team for further consideration.

10 hours ago, dimka said:

2. hot key to preview password, when the vault is unlocked, for example pressing Alt would reveal the password.

This feature is already available in our new Enpass 6.8.0 update. For more information refer to this link.

#SI-2745

• 2 weeks later...