Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofilling is not autofilling

Issue#1

hello. I am trying to setup enpass as I come from 1password, I purchased a license. I am trying to setup the autofil shortcut to " cmd+\ " which is the default for 1password. I setup enpass as my default password manager on firefox(not sure what this do).

Its not working. I went into the extension settings (image bellow) I type in cmd+\  in the field "Autofill or Show Enpass" it says invalid combination. actually what I see is cmd+K for some reason. also how can i setup cmd+\ for safari? 1password has this working for everything all you need to do is install the 1password extension and thats it.

Also all other password managers have their extension on firefox extension store, except enpass.

I have ublock Origin installed.

Firefox: latest 96.0.3

Safari: 14.1.2

Enpass: 6.7.4

OSX: Mojave

sdf.thumb.jpg.7e36d30bbb6d8ee7599188f72b4ce535.jpg

Edited by flyingbirds

I switched from 1password to enpass recently.

On Safari:-

I used the shortcut cmd+\ . Now when I go to a website and go to a specific field and click "cmd+\" I get the EnPass assistant with the suggested login item, then I have to click ↓ then "enter" . After that I have to repeat for the password, assuming the password entry is on the second page.

how do I click "cmd+\" and have everything just autofilled for me without the extra pop-ups and arrow keys?

Safari 14.1.2 + adguard for safari

On FireFox:-

I choose cmd+\ for my autofill shortcut but says "invalid combination" in fact every combination I tried says invalid combination. the drop down menu works though.

Firefox 96.0.2 + ublock origin + idont care about cookies + dark reader + Enhanced Tracking Protection(Strict)

I'm using Vivaldi browser on Windows 11. To get my preferred keyboard shortcut "CTRL + E" to work, I had to disable this shortcut in Vivaldi itself because it was used in Vivaldi, too.

Also, I had to set the shortcut for "Autofill or show Enpass" to "Global". When set to "Vivaldi" the shortcut doesn't work.

image.png.e46fd5a7ff9a466a57dc00d81065b7b3.png

I remember that this also was an issue in Bitwarden. Here I also had to set the shortcut to "Global" because it didn't work when set to "Vivaldi".

Yes, that's not the perfect solution, but it works so far. Maybe Enpass is able to investigate here to get this fixed.

Edited by DenalB
  • Like 4

Hi @flyingbirds,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We understand there'll be a little inconvenience in setting new shortcuts and getting accustomed to them, but for a better autofill experience using keyboard shortcuts, Enpass extension lets the browser control the keyboard shortcuts natively. It also makes sure our extensions work seamlessly in long term with the respective browsers and don't interfere with their default shortcuts. The same has been informed in below mentioned Forum post.

On 1/31/2022 at 1:29 PM, flyingbirds said:

Also all other password managers have their extension on firefox extension store, except enpass

You can install the firefox extension from this link. For more information and help please contact us at support@enpass.io

22 hours ago, Gulshan Dogra said:

Hi @flyingbirds,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We understand there'll be a little inconvenience in setting new shortcuts and getting accustomed to them, but for a better autofill experience using keyboard shortcuts, Enpass extension lets the browser control the keyboard shortcuts natively. It also makes sure our extensions work seamlessly in long term with the respective browsers and don't interfere with their default shortcuts. The same has been informed in below mentioned Forum post.

You can install the firefox extension from this link. For more information and help please contact us at support@enpass.io

Well if you are saying that you have dropped the shortcut cmd+\ then part of the reason I chose EnPass over other password managers that it enabled me to use this shortcut (which was only possible via SHIFT+cmd+\ on Bitwarden)

I can not recommend this password manager for friends and others online over 1password any more because other than transferring the data from 1pif (which was smooth) I have been struggling to make this app work. The more people struggle the more likely the flock to other password manager (and recommend it) because "it just works" and that was my experience with 1password previously.