Enpass Discussion Forum

How do I make EnPass require password ONLY on user logout?

flyingbirds

On 2/2/2022 at 5:13 PM, DenalB said:

Hey @flyingbirds!

I'm using Windows 11 and for me these security settings work.

image.png.222b549da89ce9f811b7d022c3f1f73c.png

I just put my computer to sleep. After waking it up again, I had to log in to Windows and Enpass was unlocked. I didn't have to unlock Enpass with the Master Password.

I thanks for this, but those work arounds should not be used if EnPass team can just make things easy to understand . "On logout " should be an option. One of the things I found about Enpass is that its not so new user friendly , its a bit more complicated and have to dig deeper to figure out things.

Enpass has a golden chance to take up the people leaving 1password after it became a forced subscription and its one of the few apps that sells license AND stores info locally and via Wifi. I hope they do not mess up this chance.

Nice to see other users like you enthusiastic about the product but hopefully the Enpass team gets enthusiastic about it too. Otherwise new competition will be created and others will flock to other services like Robofarm, PasswordBoss, KeeWeb, Bitwarden, StickyPassword, and Dashlane.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flyingbirds said:

others will flock to other services like Robofarm, PasswordBoss, KeeWeb, Bitwarden, StickyPassword, and Dashlane

I tried all of them... But the only one matching my needs could be StickyPassword. The support is fast, but there are some things that forced me to leave.

Actually, I'm quite happy with Enpass, and I'm looking forward to the next update. Hopefully it comes soon and fixes lots of things. :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DenalB said:

I tried all of them... But the only one matching my needs could be StickyPassword. The support is fast, but there are some things that forced me to leave.

Actually, I'm quite happy with Enpass, and I'm looking forward to the next update. Hopefully it comes soon and fixes lots of things. :)

What did you not like about Stickypassword because I never tried that app and I am skeptical.

The UI is Windows XP like. And it's a little complicated to get used to Sticky. There are templates you could use, but they are all templates for notes. You are able to customize templates or change them. But you will find them only local. In Windows, you have to store some registry keys if you want to have your templates back after reinstalling Windows or want to use Sticky on another computer.

The browser extension (Vivaldi) worked... good. Sometimes it worked and sometimes not. It is okay, but not the best experience I had.

For me, the biggest problem was the iOS app. It looks ugly. If you compare it with competitors, Sticky has the worst app in my opinion. Also, it crashed permanently when trying to autofill. I send logs, but support was not able to help. Sometimes it worked again after rebooting my device, but most times I had to reinstall the app. Then it worked for some days till it crashed again.

I think Sticky needs a lot of work...

• Like 1