Enpass Discussion Forum

Please can I use Pin if TouchID not available

T-Bone

Hey Manish, 

thank you!

But I think you didn’t understand it right. :)

Yes I want to use Touch ID. And if Touch ID ist Not available (external keyboard), Enpass should automatically use Pin. 

At the moment Enpass want to use Touch ID but Touch ID is not available. So I must enter my password. But I want PIN. 

But Pin and Touch ID together is not possible (this is what I Search). 

What should I do? Thanks in advance. 

Hello @T-Bone,

You cannot use Touch-ID/PIN together. However, you mentioned that Touch-ID is not available. So, as an alternative to Touch-ID, you can set up a PIN through Enpass Security Settings. A PIN can only be used while the Enpass app is running in the background. Otherwise, you will need to enter your Master password. 

6 hours ago, Manish Chokwal said:

Hello @T-Bone,

You cannot use Touch-ID/PIN together. However, you mentioned that Touch-ID is not available. So, as an alternative to Touch-ID, you can set up a PIN through Enpass Security Settings. A PIN can only be used while the Enpass app is running in the background. Otherwise, you will need to enter your Master password. 

Why can't I use both at the same time?

Can you please integrate that? 

I think you still haven't understood me properly (sorry my English is not so good).

I use Enpass on my Macbook Pro (with TouchID). As long as I work directly on my Macbook, TouchID is available to me. Of course I want to use that in Enpass.

So now I work from time to time with an external keyboard (desk). TouchID is then not available to me there (my external keyboard don't have TouchID). So I have to enter the password every time, which is not cool. I would then like to use PIN and as soon as I use my Macbook on the road again, I would like to use TouchID again.

But of course I don't want to switch from TouchID to PIN and back again in the Enpass settings every time.
Is there no better solution here or can you please allow both in parallel?

I think I'm not the only one with the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hey @T-Bone,

I certainly understand your concern about switching to a PIN if the Touch-ID does not work or letting you choose between a PIN & Touch-ID. Currently, this feature is not available, and I have shared this request with the concerned team for further consideration. Your patience is highly appreciated here.

SI-2614

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/9/2022 at 8:11 AM, Manish Chokwal said:

Hey @T-Bone,

I certainly understand your concern about switching to a PIN if the Touch-ID does not work or letting you choose between a PIN & Touch-ID. Currently, this feature is not available, and I have shared this request with the concerned team for further consideration. Your patience is highly appreciated here.

SI-2614

Push...

Any news?