Enpass Discussion Forum

Invalid Master Password on one computer ?

RoadRunner

Hi @RoadRunner!

3 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Is there anyway to reset the master password ?

I don't think so. Enpass is an offline password manager. So nobody has access to your master password.

Did you try to type your master password into a text editor, so you can see if you are typing the correct one? Maybe capital letters are enabled?

How are you syncing your vault? Is it in a cloud? If yes, you could remove Enpass from the computer on which the master password is not working. Then reinstall Enpass. When starting Enpass for the first time, you will be asked if you want to create a new vault or if you want to restore your vault. Just restore the vault from your cloud account, and it should ask for the master password. Now log in with the master password that works on the other computer.

I hope that this works for you.

Edited by DenalB
  • Thanks 1

Sounds strange... You are using the same vault as on the working device?

Are you using multiple vaults on the working device? If you are using more than one vault, you only have to type in the password of your primary vault. All other vaults are unlocked by this password then. But if you want to use one of the other vaults on another machine as primary vault, you have to use the specific password you set for this vault.

I hope I could explain correctly. ;)

I am using the same vault as the working device. There are two computers each with Enpass installed, lets refer to them as A & B.  Computer B which is the working device I can use the original master password to get into Enpass and then sync to a cloud service and all the passwords are there.  

Meanwhile on Computer A, I cannot use the same master password to get into Enpass without being informed; it's the incorrect master password ?

Hi @RoadRunner,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I recommend you follow the steps below for quick troubleshooting and let me know if that helps.

• Quit Enpass on your device A.
  • Rename the Enpass Folder on your device A by following the path: Documents-->Enpass.
  • Un-install the App and re-install it again -> Once downloaded, you will receive the welcome screen where you will be asked to restore the Enpass data -> Click on Restore from your One-Drive cloud (with which you have synced successfully on your device B)--> Login the cloud account--> Click on Continue --> Enter the master password (same you using on your Device B) --> Tap on 'Continue'.
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gulshan Dogra said:

Hi @RoadRunner,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I recommend you follow the steps below for quick troubleshooting and let me know if that helps.

• Quit Enpass on your device A.
  • Rename the Enpass Folder on your device A by following the path: Documents-->Enpass.
  • Un-install the App and re-install it again -> Once downloaded, you will receive the welcome screen where you will be asked to restore the Enpass data -> Click on Restore from your One-Drive cloud (with which you have synced successfully on your device B)--> Login the cloud account--> Click on Continue --> Enter the master password (same you using on your Device B) --> Tap on 'Continue'.

It works again; thanks. I'll remember this if it should happen again.

• Like 1