Enpass Discussion Forum

Dark mode option has disappeared

cyrnian

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2022 at 2:54 PM, cyrnian said:

However my system is set to Automatic, and Enpass does not switch to dark when the system automatically (at night) changes to dark theme.

I just tested this, works fine and as expected. However, I wish we had the option to use the dark theme regardless of the system preferences. I always prefered by password manager to be dark themes, but not the entire MacOS all the time.

• Like 1

Hi Dani, finally it works fine for me also. I don't know what happened when I wrote the message...

This being done, the only problem that remains on Enpass on Mac (I know the is another topic) is the very slow response time when using the search field, probably because it is not MacOS native software...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cyrnian said:

Hi Dani, finally it works fine for me also. I don't know what happened when I wrote the message...

This being done, the only problem that remains on Enpass on Mac (I know the is another topic) is the very slow response time when using the search field, probably because it is not MacOS native software...

I know what you mean about being slow. I experience the same. It's not dramatically slow but definitely slower than a native silicon app. As far as I read, a staff member mentioned Q2 for an ETA when it comes to a native app, so, until the end of June we should have the native app (unless something goes terribly wrong)

• Like 2

wow that would be a great news ! I must say that I was looking to migrate to another software (without subscription) because of that weakness.

In the opposite, I've also read that 1password to going to move to an universal software, which is a very bad choice for them.

52 minutes ago, cyrnian said:

wow that would be a great news ! I must say that I was looking to migrate to another software (without subscription) because of that weakness.

In the opposite, I've also read that 1password to going to move to an universal software, which is a very bad choice for them.

Stay put for a few more months, the universal app should be coming soon ;)

I never used 1password really. About a year and half tried Enpass but the UI was so outdated that I thought that it's probably not updated recently or very unprofessional/unreliable. I only started using it again because my previous choice - Myki got acquired and all of their users were forced to move to a new PM within a month. Myki had its hiccups, but it was light years ahead of Enpass and majority of the password managers when it came to UI. It was beautiful, offline, pin (no master password), etc etc. Enpass comes close to it in terms of functionality, even though I dislike the very outdated UI. (UI is a matter of preference of course, some people like 2010 kinda look, I'm just not one of them)

• Like 1