Enpass Discussion Forum

wrong suggestion for Microsoft sign-in field

On 2/15/2022 at 1:47 PM, Gulshan Dogra said:

Hi @flyingbirds

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For quick troubleshooting I would recommend to enable the "Match URL hostname" from your Browser settings and let me know the results are same.

already enabled. Its doing it again on boardgamearena.com . Its showing ID instead of emails in the email field.ddw.thumb.jpg.4fe43dafede23461015a666cb3e6fb3d.jpg

Did it again while signing up for Github

On 2/18/2022 at 3:14 PM, Gulshan Dogra said:

@flyingbirds,

I have duly noted your feedback and it has been forwarded to the concerned team for further investigation.

Please share the OS of your device and Enpass version you are using.

#SI-2629

Mojave MacOS

EnPass 6.7.4

Firefox latest

plugins: ublockorigin, enpass, Night Reader, FF multi account container, i dont care about cookies , Enhanced protection setting set to Strict

yyyo.jpg

Edited by flyingbirds

@flyingbirds,

I would like to share that this issue of Enpass where it is suggesting credit cards for phone numbers in the microsoft phone verification page is reproduced on our end and our team is working on its fix.

Also for boardgamearena.com as per the attached screenshot it seems that you are trying to create an account for this particular website. If this is the case then Enpass will display identity items--> Please confirm the same.

Github Issue:  On this page, Enpass will show identity items since it is a signup page. 

eBay issue:   Please share the URL of the page where you are experiencing this issue.  

#SI-2629

16 hours ago, Gulshan Dogra said:

@flyingbirds,

I would like to share that this issue of Enpass where it is suggesting credit cards for phone numbers in the microsoft phone verification page is reproduced on our end and our team is working on its fix.

Also for boardgamearena.com as per the attached screenshot it seems that you are trying to create an account for this particular website. If this is the case then Enpass will display identity items--> Please confirm the same.

Github Issue:  On this page, Enpass will show identity items since it is a signup page. 

eBay issue:   Please share the URL of the page where you are experiencing this issue.  

#SI-2629

1-Yes boardgameareana.com I am signing up but why is it putting my real identity for the signup for a website? I am not going to use my real name and address for a website that is asking for: username , password, and email. Plus I do not use the same email for everything.

2-For ebay I can not reproduce that URL, its their 2FA site after you log in they show you this page to write your phone number or email to send you 2FA code.

3-For Github , while its a signup page I am getting a suggestion of identities in a field that is asking for a "y" or "n" as input as seen in the screenshot. Obviously identity is incorrect.

• Like 1

@flyingbirds,

We appreciate you taking the time to explain and bring these to our attention. Let me share the information shared by our development team with you.

1. For boardgameareana.com: Enpass suggests identities only and doesn't use them to sign up without the user's consent. Users can create demo identities in Enpass if they wish to do so. Enpass suggests the available identities on the sign-up page so that users can sign-up without having to manually enter the information.  

2. For eBay: Since you cannot share the URL of the page, we would appreciate it if you could save and send the webpage to us so that we can investigate it.   

3. For GitHub: I would like to share that issue has been reproduced on our end and our team is working on it.

#SI-2629

• 1 month later...

@flyingbirds,

On 3/27/2022 at 11:16 AM, flyingbirds said:

Enpass showing login suggestions in the "Folder Creation" section in Protonmail website.

This issue has been also reproduced on our end also and our team is working on it, it will be fixed in the future updates of Enpass. Thank you for reporting this and for your patience in advance.

#SI-2629

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I find this annoying. I know what page I am on, I know how to create a separate login form for another website, if I want to autofill using a different site credentials then let me, no I do not want to change the current website address in my login credentials, and I do not need you task me every single time. 

although I am logging in at https://www.onenote.com/hrd?wdorigin=ondcauth2&wdorigin=poc it says I am trying to fill https://odc.officeapps.live.com .

This is the OneNote login page. I am using my microsoft account to login. I chose Autofill only. It opens a new tab and logs me into microsoft then offers to save a new login!?! which is the same credentials I used to login in the first place (See image #2)Then it auto takes me to my Microsoft Account page (see image #3). This is not what I was trying to do, I was trying to login into OneNote. OneNote.com .

fffs.jpg

fs.jpg

ss.jpg

Edited by flyingbirds

• 2 weeks later...

I was in codeweavers forums in one of the threads and logged in using EnPass , it then asked if I want to add this item correlated to the complete URL!?

This is annoying as the domain should be just enough?! yes I do have the match Match URL Hostname ticked as recommended by you

fffs.thumb.jpg.5d29aacc980dd86a9c944b5b48a45c2b.jpg