Enpass Discussion Forum

Unable to sync with any method!

wixway

Have owned Enpass for three weeks and have been trying for three weeks to sync the vault from my MacBook Pro to my iPhone - without success. Have tried all methods - three different cloud accounts and wifi syncing. Would prefer wifi syncing and have given Enpass app permission to connect to network but am unable to find the wifisyncserver_bin file anywhere on my computer to also permit it to connect to the network. Really like the app on the laptop, but very frustrated that I can't sync it with Enpass on the iPhone. The manual and troubleshooting guides are of no help.

Hi @wixway,

Welcome to the Enpass community Forums.

I understand your concern about not being able to sync your MacBook Pro data with the iPhone. For better assistance, please help me with the following details:

1. Make sure both devices are running the latest versions of Enpass and have same date-time format. 
  2. To sync via Wi-Fi, make sure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
  3. Try scanning the QR code instead of manually trying to sync through the server. For more information, please visit FAQ and for the troubleshooting steps visit here.
  4. Please help me with the cloud accounts you have attempted to sync with Enpass and if any error codes showing up.

Hi @wixway,

Thank you for the details. I suspect it could be a permission issue so please perform the following steps and share the results:

1. Please confirm if the firewall is enabled or not. If yes --> Go to Firewall Options and verify if 'Block all incoming connections' is disabled or not.
  2. If disabled --> Browse through the list of allowed connections for the following files: Enpass and wifisyncserver_bin and allow incoming connections for the same.
  3. If it is already not present in the list, you can add the same from the Firewall options themselves. Click on the plus button at the bottom of the list --> Go to Applications --> Enpass. Select the same. Allow all incoming connections once added.
  4. After saving the changes, go to Enpass App. Stop any running servers. Quit the App completely using Command+Q. Relaunch Enpass And restart the wifi sync server.

1. Firewall is "On." "Block all incoming connections" NOT checked.

2. As I said in my initial post: "...have given Enpass app permission to connect to network but am unable to find the wifisyncserver_bin file anywhere on my computer to also permit it to connect to the network." Consequently, the wifisyncserver_bin file has not been granted permission because I cannot find the file on the MacBook Pro and I have not been able to find it on the internet to download.

3. See # 2.

4. My hunch is that the absence of the file wifisyncserver_bin is the problem, but I won't know until I have been able to add it to the permission list.

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 1.14.21 PM.png

• 3 months later...

Hi Manish,

Any resolution to this issue, I do face the same issue.

I am using system with below configuration

Mac Book Pro - OS - Big Sur - 11.6.6

When I open system preference and navigate to security & privacy -> Firewall , I do not see any application/process running with name "wifisyncserver_bin" .

Pleas help.

Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 3.20.47 PM.png

Hi @SRY,

Welcome to the Enpass Community Forums.

I appreciate your efforts in reporting the presence of this issue. In order to resolve this, please try the following steps to get to the above directory:

• Open Finder → Go to Applications → Look for Enpass Application → Select Application by clicking once. → Right click on this selection → From the options → Select show package contents → Content folder will open → Open the folder → Open MacOS folder → User can see binary executables there. This is how you can locate the wifisyncserver bin file on their device.

image.png.54ac53ed6e9d807788951ed5e55f98bc.png

In order to assist you better, please help me with the following details:

1. Let me know if you are using any proxy network or VPN at your end.
  2. Please confirm if you are unable to sync with all the cloud services or Wi-Fi sync.
  3. Did you receive any error messages? If yes, please share its screenshot. 
  4. Please share the details of the Enpass version. Did you install it from a store or our official website?

Hi Manish - Thanks for quick response

I am able to add the sync server to firewall but not progress. Please see more details below.

I have VPN but I turned it off while trying the sync.

So far I only tried Wi-Fi sync

No error, it is keep spinning on my iPhone, I waited for at lest 35 min, where as Wi-Fi server running on Mac and both are in same network.

It is installed from from Apple App store - version 6.8.1 (1060)

HI @wixway & @SRY,

I appreciate you for being patient with us. With the help of your shared data, our team was able to reproduce this issue and is working on fixing it. In the meantime, you could try a different cloud service or for Wi-Fi sync, try a different network for both server and client devices, and let me know if that helps.

• 3 months later...