Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Portable database synchronization

DesignT

The two are currently capable of reading the same vault files, but it would be up to you to figure out how to sync them. It really depends on what you are capable of doing on any remote machine you’re using the portable version on. Can you mount or access a remote storage location on these other computers? Do you even have Internet access?

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 1:32 AM, Discordant said:

The two are currently capable of reading the same vault files, but it would be up to you to figure out how to sync them. It really depends on what you are capable of doing on any remote machine you’re using the portable version on. Can you mount or access a remote storage location on these other computers? Do you even have Internet access?

Thanks but I want a USB flash drive with Enpass Portable that use a different database but in sync (clone) with Enpass Desktop Mac.

It will works as a clone database to be able to access with Enpass Portable just in case that something goes wrong with Enpass Mac.

It seems that we only need to duplicate the database but Enpass Portable recommends to backup and restore the database, but doing this the databases are not in sync, if I add a new item in Enpass Mac Desktop I will not get it in Enpass Portable.

I want to automate this process, is it any way to do it ?

Thanks

Edited by DesignT