Enpass Discussion Forum

one time code / 2fa - autofill?

david

I've used several different authenticator apps like google, microsoft, authy, duo etc but I've always been annoyed that I need a separate application for it because I constantly need to open the application separately and search for the account. When I noticed the one time code feature I was very happy. Everything in one app, horray. However, I seem to be in the same situation as before since the one time code doesn't autofill, in fact it doesn't even show up as an option to copy when I use the autofill function. So I need to open the main enpass window and search for the account either way. This actually makes the feature even more useless since I have so many passwords in enpass, It takes me longer to find the 2fa code there than in authenticator where I have somewhere around 20 accounts. Is this something that will change in the future?

Hi @david

When you autofill on the websites where 2FA is supported, the One-time code is automatically copied. You just need to paste the code in the 2FA field on the webpage. I would also suggest checking that you have the "Automatically copy and fill the One-Time code" enabled under your Enpass Settings -> Browser -> Autofill.

image.png.38316f1cb3f22d1df82e0cedf56ceb4e.png

Thanks I've kind of figured it out. But it doesn't work with all sites for some reason. I still need to open the main gui and find the account and copy manually every now and then.. It would be nice if the totp code was available in the dropdown in my browser through the extension..

• Like 1

Hi @david

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have forwarded your comment as feedback to the dedicated development team so they may improve upon this behavior. Also, could you please share the version of the Enpass app, OS, browser, Enpass extension, and the website URLs where the one-time code is not automatically copied? I will then get this further investigated with the team.

#SI-2662