Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass blocks Wordpress Elementor shortcuts and pulldown menus

As probably quite a few Enpass users, I build and support websites. Elementor is a popular Wordpress builder. It has several shortcuts build in, for example CMD-E (Mac) / CTRL-E (Windows) to invoke the Elementor Finder.

The Enpass plugin blocks these shortcuts. (Now using Firefox 97.0.1 on MacOS 10.14.6)

This adds to the already frustrating fact that all kinds of forms don't work properly. Not just on one site but everywhere. The text cursor jumps to a different text field at random moments.

This is known since november if I remember correctly. Is there a fix in sight yet?

Edited by laptopleon
typo

Hi @laptopleon

To assist you better with your query regarding Enpass blocking WordPress Elementor shortcuts, kindly share the version of the Enpass app (Website or Store) and Enpass Extension you are using. I will get this further investigated for you.

For the drop-down menu not working on web pages, we have already reproduced this issue on our end. Our tech team is working on resolving it, and it will be fixed in the upcoming update cycles. As a workaround, for now, you can add the websites on which this issue is occurring to the block list on the Enpass Extension Settings page. Here's how you can do it

1. On your browser, go to its Settings → Extensions → Enpass Extension -> Click 3 dots -> Extension Options.
  2. On the Enpass Extension Settings page, scroll down to “ Inline Autofill Menu Blocklist“, copy the URL of the webpage where this issue is occurring and paste it in the “ Add URL “ field.
    52546177_Screenshot2022-03-09at15-07-53REExtensionblocksdropdownonwebsite.thumb.png.48870fe201304cde95107bf9cfddbcfb.png

At the moment, I'm on my old MacBook Pro (also 10.14.6 Mojave, also Firefox

It's has Enpass 6.7.4 running. I can see in the Mac App Store that it is downloaded on 210225 (2021 / 02 / 25).

I did a quick test with Elementor and here it works fine O.o

— — — — — — — — later

OK, so now I'm back on my even older Mac Pro, running 10.14.6 / Firefox 98.0 / Enpass 6.7.4

Now, even with the Enpass plugin activated, the shortcut CMD-E works in Elementor! I did update Firefox from 97.0.1, could that be it?

I'm confused. Does it cause problems that I first used a one-year Family version of Enpass via the App Store and then bought a Lifetime version on the site? Can you please explain what is going wrong here?

Edited by laptopleon

Hi @laptopleon

Thanks for me notifying that the shortcut CMD-E is working in Elementor.

It actually doesn't have to do with which Enpass plan you are using; instead, it seems that updating the Firefox browser fixed it for you. Enpass recommends keeping the Enpass app/Extension/Browser updated as updates iron out any bugs. In case this issue arises again, feel free to post on this forum, and I'll check it for you.

Keeping software up to date is standard best practise, I agree.

The FF update is quite recent. One way or another, I'm glad this seems fixed! :)

The reason I suspected the plan, was because you asked about whether it was downloaded from the enpass website or Mac App Store. What is the reason you asked about this? Are there scenario's in which this matters?

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, filling out a form still sometimes causes the textcursor to behave unexpectedly. Jumping to the beginning of the text you just typed or even to a different textfield. Today I was working on a Google Ads drama when I had no choice but to disable the Enpass plugin all together, before I could proceed.

Is this a macOS 10.14.6 / FF 98.0.2 (just updated today again) problem or still a general problem? Is there a fix in sight yet?

Hi @laptopleon

Our dedicated team is aware of this issue and is preparing a patch to fix it. I am unable to provide you with an ETA at this time, but rest assured, we are working on resolving the issue with the highest priority.

Also, did you try the workaround I suggested to disable the extension on the web page where this issue is occurring?