Enpass Discussion Forum

Mac Desktop Search VERY slow

PASHKA

Searching for my email address takes MORE THAN 15 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!

I never saw such slow searching!

Database contains 1836 records

Completely UNUSABLE in Mac 

Mac - Core i9 MacBook Pro 16" with NO FREEZEs in other apps

• Like 1

Hi @PASHKA,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us know the following details so we can help you better:

• Which Enpass version are you using?
  • Are you facing this issue after the latest update? If no, then please let us know from which version you are facing this issue.
  • Is only the searching is slow or the other operations like switching between categories in sidebar, editing or adding new items are also affected?

Thanks!

Version 6.6.1 (804) Mac App Store

Such slow behavior was always.

Loading ALL records (after clear search field) - about 5-10 seconds

Loading ALL records first time (after restart 5-10 seconds)

Switching between categories - 1-3 seconds

Adding new items (after pressing save) - 5-10 seconds (and app freezes)

• 1 month later...

Same thing here (since day one..), currently 6.6.3 (840) MAS running on macOS 11.4 (had this issue with previous versions on Catalina as well)

- Sync via Webdav seems to cause extreme lagging when updating/editing and copying entries as syncing seems to "block" the app
- VERY slow search in the Main Window
- VERY slow search in any Browser Extension
- Browser-Extension-Window often needs to be closed and re-opened in order to show matching elements

Total number of vaults: 1
Enabled to show all counts for the sidebar: No

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Similar issue here. Search takes a couple of seconds, sometime up to 10 seconds...

Syncing only via iCloud, I have two vaults both synced. In total about 900 entries.

Switching between is ok here, takes about 200ms, searching really slow, almost to a point where it is unuseable.

Adding an entry also is slow, takes a couple of seconds, and the app freezes during that time.

I did not enable to show all counts on the sidebar.

on iOS search seems to be faster.

I use V6.6.3 (840) of enpass. 

Edited by Zagdul
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Gulshan Dogra

I think this is affecting all users (I know other Enpass users who all encounter the same issue, all with 1500+ entries in their single vaults) – in my opinion this should be worked on with the highest priority as it really massively affects usability and is straightforward "visible" to anyone..

Even though I paid multiple times for Enpass already (iOS, mac, pro + premium) I also think about switching back to 1Password as this is not only annoying but blocking my workflow and often enough these app freezes lead to a crash of the whole app.

WiFi Sync etc. are nice features but this – adding / editing / searching for passwort-entries – is core-functionality of a password manager.

Edited by TheMaxx32000

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Im already migrated to another password manager in case of unusable Enpass.

Today, I tried to load Enpass and what I saw? SLOW UNUSABLE LOADING, EXTREMELY SLOW SEARCHES still exists.

About 1 year of such behavior with no solution. Excellent team. You must complete rewrite you app. Fire your developers. And support team.

For this year you are implement many features, but not primary. App still unusable.

Maybe you can understand, that if you dress grandma like girl -  she did not run fast.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, PASHKA said:

App is NOT usable in my usage case.

I came from 1Password because they changed a lot with the introduction of version 8. Also, I don't like subscription services. I came here with my 600 entries - logins, passwords, software licenses, IDs, secure notes. Yes, I had to get used to Enpass a little, but I'm not able to reproduce such a big unusability. Ok, I'm on a PC with Windows 11 not on Mac. But I'm using Enpass on 2 iPhones and 1 iPad, and thus I have no problems here.

I'm sorry that you have these issues, but I agree with @Sleepyhead. There is no need for such a rude language you are using.

• Like 2

yes, this is still the case – searching for "slow" in the forum will get you a lot of results..

- syncing does not seem to be async and blocks the app if in progress
- search is painfully slow in both the main app and browser widget
- both Intel and Apple Silicon machines are affected (I experienced this on more than six different setups)

I also recommended Enpass to a lot of people following the shift to subscription models @1Password and also purchased the Premium plan over the already paid Pro plan after struggling with that decision for quite a while but a point is reached where Enpass is the only app that is constantly blocking any workflow and I'm considering to move back to the competition even though I have to go with subscriptions.

@Abhishek Dewan @Garima Singh @Pratyush Sharma @Gulshan Dogra

Please let us know what the timeframe for fixing this is so one can choose to migrate to something else if it does take too long.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator changed the title to Mac Desktop Search VERY slow
  • 1 month later...