Enpass Discussion Forum

WebDav Sync Not working anymore

hebusthib

Hello,

I received this evening a strange error code from Enpass while trying to synchronize vaults through webdav. Error code : 906405.

I checked all evening for updates or login error on my NAS (containing webdav server), router errors/updates and found nothing. Nothing changed on my Enpass configuration and yet, my desktop app (windows store) won't synchronize (while my phone is still syncrhonizing with the same configuration/adress).

I just found out that yesterday enpass desktop app was updated by windows store. I am wondering if there is any bug on that last release or if I need to search again on my side.

Thanks,

BR

Thibault

Edited by hebusthib

Hello,

I have the same issue. My IPhone is still syncing, but my PC (Windows 10) issues the same error Code 906405. Is there any place where i can find log data to provide for an analysis.

Version of Enpass 6.8.0 (1002) (was updated on 12.3.2022) since then i have the problem.

BR

Alex

Edited by ade
  • Like 1

Hello,

just a short question, you mention that this is a beta Version. Is Version of  Enpass 6.8.0 (1002) a Beta Version?

Is it possible to turn of the automatic update, or switch to the normal Version?

I was not aware that I installed the a Beta Version.

Thank you very much by the way.

BR

Alex

Edited by ade

Hi @ade

The Enpass version 6.8.0 (1002) is a beta version.

I got it checked, and it seems that you are added to our beta version program; that is why you received the update. You can either disable automatic updates for your apps from Microsoft Store or let me know if you wish to be removed from our beta version program. After that, please create a manual backup/set up cloud synchronization on your device and reinstall the app.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 12:44 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @ade

The Enpass version 6.8.0 (1002) is a beta version.

I got it checked, and it seems that you are added to our beta version program; that is why you received the update. You can either disable automatic updates for your apps from Microsoft Store or let me know if you wish to be removed from our beta version program. After that, please create a manual backup/set up cloud synchronization on your device and reinstall the app.

@Abhishek Dewan please remove me from the beta version program

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just got updated to version 6.8.0 (1048) and thought that the problem was resolved because 1 of my 2 vaults was synchronizing. The other one is my primary vault with a webdav sync parameter that I removed with last version tryouts.... 

When I tried to configure back this webdav sync, it tells me that the file or folder is unreachable. 

In order to check, I synced the 2nd vault with apparent success then, removed the synchronization path, and tried to re-create the sync. It then failed telling me that the path/folder was unreachable...

So now, my two vaults are not able to sync...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DJg450 said:

The issue still persists... Also setting up new accounts, was not working. Strangely, alrady set up webdav accounts are working with some people...

Hello,

Glad to know I am not the only one with this behavior. I submitted some info on my WebDav config to help the team find the issue. We cross finger for next one.

BR

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, DJg450 said:

The issue still persists... Also setting up new accounts, was not working. Strangely, alrady set up webdav accounts are working with some people...

Ditto! Similar behavior for me as well.

• Like 1

Hi @all

We are aware of the issue some users are facing with syncing through the WebDav service after the recent update and we have identified the bug on our end. Our dedicated team is working on fixing it and soon a patch will be released which will address this issue. Thank you for your patience while we work on fixing this issue.

#SI-2802

• 2 weeks later...

The issue remain on Linux, ubuntu 20.04. After the latest update it worked for a day or two but now the issue is back. Enpass app is complaining that password is wrong and ask me to reenter but refuse to accept the correct password verified from other means. I'm using Enpass desktop app version 6.8.1 (1063). Enpass on android is fine.

• 3 weeks later...

screenshot_6028.png.09c6fb665c6a2153c608a87e618f4c19.png

Can't give you a demo account - the server is inside my LAN and only intended for use inside - it's not open to the outside world.

This problem is intermittent --- sometimes it can sync on my Mac and at other times I just get a sync error with a request for the password. And what's interesting is that when I enter the password again, it fails instantly as if it didn't even TRY to connect to the server.

I would add that the password for that server, albeit a nice randomly generated password, hasn't changed in 7 years since it's not accessible to the outside world.

screenshot_6029.png.a051730ebbbdf298d7a513e1902137c5.png