Enpass Discussion Forum

WebDav Sync Not working anymore

hebusthib

OK -- I finally solved this by (a) disconnected Enpass from my NextCloud account  (b) deleting the entire Enpass folder on my NextCloud server  and (c) recreate the connection from Enpass to my NextCloud server (NB using WebDAV as the NextCloud option on Enpass still doesn't work)

This fixed the problem and all my other devices are now syncing again.

So something happened inside that Enpass folder (which nothing touches except the Enpass clients) that corrupted it and prevented Enpass from syncing again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i have the sync Problem (906405) since 2 Month. Before everything workes fine for over a year with iOS ans Win Devices tu an qnao NAS. I found this Post and wait since them for the fixed version or the golden note ,-) . Are there any news about it? thx

Hi @olno

Welcome to the Enpass Community.

For troubleshooting purposes, please create a manual backup, then disconnect the sync from all the connected devices and set up the synchronization again. If the issue persists, please DM me the details of your Enpass app and OS version, which you are using on your iOS and Windows devices along with the WebDav demo account, its login id, password and the URL. I will then get this checked for you.

Hi @AB_BriSeck

thank you.

I had already deleted the WEBDAV share on the NAS and then set it up again, but not on all devices. I will now try again. for the demo account I had already found a tutorial in the support, can you send me the link please, because I can no longer find the post. How do I send you the demo data. I would not like to write them here simply in the post. Thanks for your support

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I also have some difficulties with syncing my enpass vault to webdav. The hoster of the account is mailbox.org (OX cloud).
After re-installing enpass, I tried to enable sync again and run into the following problem:

Login works only, if a space inside the URL is encoded as '%20'. But this results in error 906409 (http 409 conflict).

https://dav.mailbox.org/servlet/webdav.infostore/Userstore/FORENAME%20SURNAME/

Enpass version is 6.8.2 (1084).
Version from Microsoft store. But the same happens on a fresh linux setup, too.

Existing installations on other devices show a blank instead of the url encoding representation (%20) and syncing works like a charm.

https://dav.mailbox.org/servlet/webdav.infostore/Userstore/FORENAME SURNAME/

enpass_webdav.png.65110e297d11bd08e4d401aae208eda2.png

enpass_old.png

Edited by Alx

• 1 month later...

Hi @Alx

I can certainly understand your disappointment in this matter, and I appreciate you sharing the feedback with me that you are still facing this issue even after updating to the latest ver 6.8.3. Moreover, I have notified our testing team to thoroughly analyze the issue once again in order to get to the root of this concern. We appreciate your patience in the meantime and apologize for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter.

Also, if you are facing a similar issue @David Jameson, kindly DM me the details of the WebDav demo account, its login id, password and the URL. I'll then have this further investigated for you.

#SI-3120

Hi @Alx

We were able to reproduce the bug on our end, due to which this issue is occurring. Our development team is now working on resolving it as a priority. Moreover, soon a patch addressing this issue will be released for the future Enpass versions. Your kind patience and cooperation in the meantime are appreciated.

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 12:38 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Alx

Our development team is now working on resolving it as a priority.

Is there a timeline when the bug will be fixed? No results since three month.

A workaround is possible on desktop computers (copy settings from existing installation) but not on mobile platforms (due to missing permissions).

Edited by Alx

Hi @Alx

I can certainly understand your disappointment in this matter.

Our dedicated team is aware of this issue, and they are working on fixing it. Unfortunately, I will be unable to share any ETA at the moment. However, rest assured I will be sure to notify you regarding any updates on this forum. We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you in this case.

Hi @chris132

Our dedicated team is already aware of the issue where in some instances, the user may get the error 'Incorrect username of password' when setting up Webdav sync. Unfortunately, I will be unable to share any ETA for the fix but rest assured, our development is working on a patch which will be released soon. We appreciate your kind understand and patience in this matter.

#SI-3070

The problem seems to be that Enpass can't differenciate between the "Webdav password" and the "Master Password".
What it does, it changes the "Master Password" to the "Webdav Password". This is at least in my case fatal since all my devices that accesses my webdav uses onetime passwords that are not stored anywhere.
It's really very alpha grades that this happens now at least for the second time and I don't see any awareness that this could possibly impact sales.
Really disappointing and I was promoting this to be a reliable tool. A real deep sorry goes out to all that were listening to my advise.

• 4 weeks later...

Has this been fixed yet?

I just updated to Enpass 6.8.4

Login now requires %20 instead of space between first and last name, however then I get "Sync Error - Destination folder for sync is unreachable". Other devices (without the enpass update) still login and sync fine using a space between first and last name.

Very frustrating....

Same question.

I got the errorcode 908403. After a new setup the first sync goes through, but if there is any change on any device and it tries to sync it fails.

Edit: Solved. It was a permission error on nextcloud. 

Edited by Tony36
Problem solved

• 1 month later...

The WEBDAV issue is an ongoing nightmare to me. 

I do not wish to sync outside of my private network. I had a QNAP WEBDAV instance running nicely for quite some time, when I switched away from 1Password (having been an early adopter there for the reason of them making local sync all but impossible through a number of versions, until I moved to Enpass. Reason for Enpass was it's capability to use WEBDAV.

Then at some point, the WEBDAV was impossible to use, throwing up 6-digit errors. 

I invested in a small NUC-like PC to test other solutions. Both Truenas WEBDAV and OMV6 Webdav (crazy install procedure) are throwing the same errors. This leads me to the conclusion that something is amiss in Enpass.

In all the above mentioned cases, I was well able to access via browser and http or https, with or without authorization, so the solutions were kind of working. 

May I ask for a favour to Abishek Dewan, please?

Instead of doing the troubleshoot yourself (which requires an open port to the WEBDAV server), how about creating a small troubleshooting guide document to share here in order to empower the customers to do the troubleshooting themselves? Your kind help would certainly be appreciated! 

Which steps are you taking in order to find out what needs to be fixed? What even do the error codes mean at all? Here's mainly 908403's and 904405's showing up and that's not very enlightening. Is there an error code registry with Enpass? 

Hi @azarot555

I can certainly understand your disappointment in this matter and have shared your comments as feedback with the team.

Regarding the issue you are facing, kindly share the below details with me and I"ll have this issue further investigated for you -

1. The version of the Enpass app and OS you are using.
  2. Kindly check and ensure that you have added Enpass in your VPN/Firewall/Antivirus settings. Also, let me know the name of any such apps you are using.
  3. Please create a Demo account and DM me its username, password and URL.

1 hour ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @azarot555

I can certainly understand your disappointment in this matter and have shared your comments as feedback with the team.

Regarding the issue you are facing, kindly share the below details with me and I"ll have this issue further investigated for you -

1. The version of the Enpass app and OS you are using.
  2. Kindly check and ensure that you have added Enpass in your VPN/Firewall/Antivirus settings. Also, let me know the name of any such apps you are using.
  3. Please create a Demo account and DM me its username, password and URL.

Thank you Abishek

1. I am using Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68, iOS 16.3.1 on several iDevices and Windows 10 on and off on another laptop. Enpass Web-download version. iOS verion: 6.8.6 (684). 
2. I am using Enpass only within my network, there is no open port to the outside world, hence no firewall etc hindring access to the WEBDAV folder
3. I can't, unfortunately, for above mentioned reasons. All of the solutions I tried, are within my network, no port is open to the interwebs...

Which is, why I suggested instead of burdening yourself with troubleshooting other people's problems (which my be simply "homemade", and I don't exclude me from the list of culprits, I am sure I made a mistake) that it would be extremely kind and give a lot of good karma if you could share the troubleshooting steps you do here, which allows everyone to follow in your footsteps in cases like mine.

Also, it would be terrific to have a pointer to what the error codes mean. Do you think, this could be achieved?

cheerio!