Enpass Discussion Forum

WebDav Sync Not working anymore

hebusthib

31 minutes ago, azarot555 said:

Thank you Abishek

1. I am using Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68, iOS 16.3.1 on several iDevices and Windows 10 on and off on another laptop. Enpass Web-download version. iOS verion: 6.8.6 (684). 
2. I am using Enpass only within my network, there is no open port to the outside world, hence no firewall etc hindring access to the WEBDAV folder
3. I can't, unfortunately, for above mentioned reasons. All of the solutions I tried, are within my network, no port is open to the interwebs...

Which is, why I suggested instead of burdening yourself with troubleshooting other people's problems (which my be simply "homemade", and I don't exclude me from the list of culprits, I am sure I made a mistake) that it would be extremely kind and give a lot of good karma if you could share the troubleshooting steps you do here, which allows everyone to follow in your footsteps in cases like mine.

Also, it would be terrific to have a pointer to what the error codes mean. Do you think, this could be achieved?

cheerio!

I would like to add, that the folder on the OMV6 device has the following access rights/ownership: 

drwxrwxrwx  2 www-data webdav-users 4096 Mar 14 07:52 webdav

Here's also some screenshots from the trial and error-journey and from the browser (which accesses the folder just fine). 

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 14.20.55.png

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 14.13.59.png

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 14.14.07.png

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 14.14.56.png

On 3/15/2023 at 12:06 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @azarot555

Thank you for sharing the requested details.

I'm discussing this case with our dedicated team and will get back to you soon with an update.

#SI-3309

Hello Abhishek, any news about the troubleshooting guidance yet?

I realize the net is full with all kinds of people having issues with the pairing of Enpass and WebDav, so something is strangely difficult in the setup - and customers are unprepared for it. Maybe a small general help will be beneficial for all those poor folks?

As you have successfully helped various people here on the board, I am turning to you as an assumed expert in the matter. 

cheerio! 

• 2 weeks later...

Don't buy Enpass. This support sucks. They're kidding us. They've been doing that for years. They write that they will fix the problem in the next update. That never happens. They want a demo account that will never be called. They say that they forward the requests to some teams. That doesn't happen. Everything goes straight to the recycle bin. What's more, Enpass has been evasive in answering questions about security for years. We have to assume that Enpass contains very large security vulnerabilities that have not been fixed for years. I strongly advise against using Enpass. Don't buy Enpass.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fabian1 said:

Don't buy Enpass. This support sucks. They're kidding us. They've been doing that for years. They write that they will fix the problem in the next update. That never happens. They want a demo account that will never be called. They say that they forward the requests to some teams. That doesn't happen. Everything goes straight to the recycle bin. What's more, Enpass has been evasive in answering questions about security for years. We have to assume that Enpass contains very large security vulnerabilities that have not been fixed for years. I strongly advise against using Enpass. Don't buy Enpass.

I am increasingly uneasy about this same issue. For now I am managing with a feature that 1Pasword haven't addressed for years in a row no, in spite of me even talking to their CEO about it: local sync. 

Enpass is actually doing it with a kind of crude solution (having more than one computer makes the process awkward, as you need to disengage at least on device from the "main" vault to sync via WiFi to the other computer and then re-pair it with the main computer. But it at least kind of works locally.

I am really irritated that every solution seems to insist on puttin gyour keys to the castle on someone else's computer ("the cloud").

Disclaimer: And I have been promoting privacy-respecting cloud technologies for years, I am not ignorant about it. But I have witnessed pompous CEOs proclaiming their wonderful secure crypto-algos are the bee's knees and being wrecked soon after by breaches. I simply prefer not to put my vaults in the cloud and am flabbergasted over the inability of providers not getting it right in spite of claiming it is no problem.  

The net is full of folks desperately trying to get their QNAP or Synology solutions to bloody work with Enpass and no answer to be seen anywhere. Obv there are ways of troubleshooting the issues, but it would be sooooo handy to have a small explanation on what to look for.

Abishek?

Over and out.

On 3/20/2023 at 12:17 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @azarot555

We are still looking into the reported concern. As soon as I have any update on this matter, I will be sure to notify you here. Your patience in the meantime is appreciated.

Hello, dear

is there any progress with the small enlightening manual on troubleshooting WEBDAV yet?

thanks for coming back soon on the issue!

Really appreciated, cheerio

Look, Abhishek

I have invested both time and money to resolve the issues Enpass has (as stated in my initial comment, I went out to buy dedicated hardware as I assumed maybe QNAP were the culprit). I think it is, as a registered user, not too much to ask to get some help on how to troubleshoot the issues. This issue is the reason I went from 1Password to Enpass in the first instance. As explained above. 

Why can't we have some simple yes/no answer to this question?

I understand you are successful in troubleshooting these issues. Never though, do we get to know how.

Many people on the internet are in the same situation, and are desperate.

Are you cementing your employment by being the only one to do this? What's keeping you from answering the questions? 

They have been discussing this for two years --- I'm done with them! Such a shame, enpass seemed like it was going to be my lifesaver.

So I just bought Strongbox (Mac version of Keypass) and discovered that Enpass's CSV export process does not produce useful CSV, no headers and just arbitrary sequences of comma delimited output, with a different number of columns in each line depending on what's actually in each entry. I exported the json version and converted it to XML to have a quick look and as far as I can tell, pulling the info into another password manager automatically is completely impossible.

Be warned!

• Sad 2

I have put this question out to @EnpassApp on Twitter as well. This exchange is a bit ridiculous, as we don't seem to make any headway into the issue at all, and I have already written several polite notices here.

It seems to be legit to at least get a clear timeline until when such a small, bullte pointed guideline on how to debug the Enpass/WEBDAV pairing, as it is a recurring issue in all kinds of environments, both in Cloud- and local networking environments.   

Well, maybe let's take this step by step. Maybe, some kind soul can explain the error-codes Enpass throws up?
Is there a repository where I could find an explanation for the error codes or some sort of logical mapping?
What is the meaning of 908403 or 906405?   

Thank you for any help available.

cheers!

IMG_4990.jpeg

On 4/3/2023 at 1:24 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @azarot555

I have shared your comments as feedback with the team regarding a manual for Webdav troubleshooting with errors. As soon as I have more information regarding this request, I will be sure to notify you.

As for the concern you are facing, I'm following up on it for you and will get back to you soon with an update.

Dear Abhishek, would you mind sending the link to this conversation to your development head or help me get in contact with them, please?

Edited by azarot555
typo

Hi @azarot555

I have shared your comments as feedback with the team regarding a manual for Webdav troubleshooting with errors. As soon as I have more information regarding this request, I will be sure to notify you.

As for the concern you are facing, I'm following up on it for you and will get back to you soon with an update.

Any news, Abhishek?

Hi @azarot555

Any news, Abhishek?

Hello??

On 4/17/2023 at 10:47 PM, azarot555 said:

Any news, Abhishek?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 11:39 PM, azarot555 said:

I have no feedback since weeks. This is not cool.

This problem is not a fresh one

But today, impossible to sync anything from my nextcloud nor google drive ....
seems everything is broken

Edited by Dorora