Enpass Discussion Forum

Can't sync using Google Drive

davejones1949

Unable to sync using Google Drive between PC and multiple iOS devices. Sync attempt reports error due to different data files on Google Drive. All four of my devices have a data file with different number of password items. I can't figure out how to delete the data files from Google Drive and be able to start over with sync setup

Edited by davejones1949

Hi @davejones1949,

Welcome to the Enpass community.

For quick troubleshooting I would recommend you to take the manual backup of your database on all your 4 devices. Now to sync your database across all the devices by Google Drive follow the steps mentioned below and share your findings with me.

1. Disconnect Sync from all your devices that are already synced with your Google Drive.
  2. Open Google Drive in any Browser--> Go to Setting-->Select Manage Apps-->Click on Enpass Option-->Select Delete hidden App Data. (make sure that hidden data is deleted from the drive)
  3. Now Open Enpass --> Click on ‘Settings’ -->Click on ‘Vaults’ --> Select the vault which you wish to sync -->Select ‘Set up Sync’ and choose the cloud account --> Enter your cloud account details, follow the instructions and wait till the sync is done.
  4. Now reconnect all your devices from Google Drive by using the same cloud account you used in Step 3.