Enpass Discussion Forum

Enhance conflict warnings

Ivarson

There's a clear warning when there's no internet access and sync fails, a red banner at the top. 

But when there's a sync conflict in a vault, there's only a red spinner top left that flashes vaguely in red. 

In Android app it's even hidden until you use the flyout menu. 

If I where to get my parents to use Enpass, they would never even notice that and their vaults wouldn't be synced. 

I don't even understand why the user has to intervene here, and press "Merge" since there are no options. 

But if it's needed at least make it pop out 

Like in this instance, what's the cause and what's the purpose of suspending sync demanding "approval" hidden in the vaults settings. 

The same amount of items, only that the cloud-vault was changed from another source, which is the whole point of sync. 

Screenshot_20220331-130908.jpg

And the same now has to be done on other Enpass-installations sharing that vault. See the "red" ring around the icon next to the vault-name? me neither.

image.thumb.png.193be56ac2ef5a9a97def20a389500b5.png

Edited by Ivarson
additional info
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Ivarson,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Only a single vault can be synchronized over a single cloud account that contains the database of the single vault. If you try to sync another vault over the same cloud account, then you have to merge the databases of the previous vault and the new vault, thus the merge option you see.

Your cloud always contains a copy of same encrypted vault database as on your device. A copy of your encrypted data is downloaded on your device where is gets decrypted (locally) for real sync operation to merge changes. Afterwards, it gets encrypted again and uploaded back to the cloud. 

7 hours ago, Gulshan Dogra said:

@Ivarson,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Only a single vault can be synchronized over a single cloud account that contains the database of the single vault. If you try to sync another vault over the same cloud account, then you have to merge the databases of the previous vault and the new vault, thus the merge option you see.

Your cloud always contains a copy of same encrypted vault database as on your device. A copy of your encrypted data is downloaded on your device where is gets decrypted (locally) for real sync operation to merge changes. Afterwards, it gets encrypted again and uploaded back to the cloud. 

Thank you, but that's not relevant here. There's no attempt of reusing a "cloud-account" for multiple vaults, same cloud-provider, yes, but never the same accounts.

Today I even got a conflict on a vault syncing to a local folder. Something is triggering Enpass into seemingly unneccesary conflicts (that always seem to resolv just fine after pressing "merge" manually;

image.png.49009683153e7e0d50c71271428047ad.pngimage.png.28d4ae4e6d8a13decdeac0ca592598af.png

1 hour ago, Gulshan Dogra said:

@Ivarson,

Please share the following details so that I can get this issue investigated by our concerned team.

1. On which device (along with the OS version) are you using Enpass?
  2. Which Enpass version are you using? Is is a store version or website version?

6.7.1 and 6.8.x

Android 11, iOS, Windows 11, Ubuntu 22.04...

Come on, it happens on ALL devices i've encountered, and both in the latest 6.7-versions as well as in the current 6.8-versions..

• 2 months later...