Enpass Discussion Forum

Autofill in Edge doesn't work anymore with Enpass browser extension 6.7.5

vool

Hi @vool,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. Please try the following steps and let me know if that helps:

1. Open Enpass main app → Browser setting → Review Browser → Select Browser extension → Remove → Now open browser → Pair Enpass extension.
  2. If this does not help, try reinstalling the Enpass extension. 

[Tip: Before using the Enpass extension, make sure its main app is running in the background.]

Thanks for getting back to me. I found out that Enpass has deactivated the Autofill function of the Edge browser with this new update. And I can't activate it again because the switch is disabled, and on mouseover it says, "This setting is managed by the "Enpass Password Manager" extension". So this doesn't seem to be a bug.

image.thumb.png.ae5f04d2caabfc1585898bf6498192e7.png

I clicked the Enpass link there and checked the extension settings, and also looked in the settings of the Enpass desktop app, but I didn't find any way to reactivate autofill or some replacement for it.

It definitely doesn't work anymore. What can I do?

Edited by vool

Maybe I shouldn't have written "Autofill". Enpass puts in the login and password correctly, that works fine.

What I mean is the "Save and fill basic info" functionality of the Edge browser which I've been using to fill address, date of birth, name, etc. into forms on websites. That doesn't work anymore because Enpass has switched off and disabled (grayed out) the slider button in the browser settings for some reason. And I'd like to enable it again to get that functionality back.

Edited by vool

Hi @vool,

In Enpass' latest extension version, the "Inline autofill" feature was introduced, and in order to use this feature, Enpass has to be the default password manager. As a result, the "Save and fill basic information" functionality has been disabled in the Edge browser. For re-enabling it, right-click on the Enpass extension icon in the browser -> Settings -> Disable the "Set as default" option. Let me know if you can now use Edge browser basic fill.  

• Thanks 1