Enpass Discussion Forum

[Fixed] Search-hotkey broken

Ivarson

Great work with the UI-revamp of the new 6.8!

While long-pressing Enpass in the launcher and tapping "Search","New" or "favorites", Enpass opens but doesn't focus on the search bar nor bring up the keyboard like it did before. 

It just goes to the main view

Edited by Ivarson
Fixed

• 3 weeks later...

Actually it's only partially fixed. 

The shortcuts has been refined and now triggers views in the main app, however the Search-shortcut only highlights the search-bar and shows the previous searches, it doesn't "focus" the search-bar, which would bring the keyboard up. 

Hence, it's still needed to tap "Search" again in order to start typing. That way there's no point having a shortcut. 

So let's call the .Focus() on the searchbar when search-shortcut is pressed. 

On 5/24/2022 at 12:41 PM, Manish Chokwal said:

Hi @Ivarson,

I appreciate your response and I have shared your feedback with the concerned team for further investigation. In the meantime, your patience is highly appreciated here. 

After some further testing, the issue occurs when using Microsoft Swiftkey as keyboard. When using the default Gboard, the keyboard pops up.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi @Ivarson

Thank you for sharing the feedback related to this issue. I shared your comments with our dedicated team, and upon a thorough investigation, we were able to reproduce the bug. Our development team is now working on fixing it as a priority, and a patch addressing this issue will be released soon. We appreciate your kind patience and cooperation in the interim.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • Ivarson changed the title to [Fixed] Search-hotkey broken