Enpass Discussion Forum

Every time I launch Enpass it asks me to start all over again

TommyW

Hi all

Every time I launch Enpass on my Mac it behaves as if it expects me to set it up again, 'select where you already have or want to keep your data' and a window showing various options as to locating the Enpass database.   Further it prompts me to 'activate Enpass' which if I make the mistake of clicking will prompt getting a six digit code.  At the very least I have to tell Enpass that my data is on on iCloud which prompts a series of browser window logins and clickthroughs before it launches my database and prompts me for the password or PIN.

I have an database filled out, I have a master password, I have a PIN.  All I want to do is load up the app, validate who I am using password or PIN and access my data.  However I need to keep telling Enpass where it is and what my account is.   Something I am missing here?

Hi @TommyW,

Thank you for reporting the presence of this issue. I suspect it could be a permissions issue. Try on your Mac, choose the Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Click Security & Privacy -> Click Privacy -> Select Files and Folders -> Select the checkbox below an app to allow it to access files and folders in that location or you can add Enpass manually if needed. You may need to click the lock icon and authenticate before you can add or change any items listed there. Let me know if that helps. 

Sorted it, actually it was a combination of things.

- In Sys Prefs I added Full Disk Access to the app's permissions.

- I also set up a vault on my Mac's SSD and synced it with the vault in iCloud.

End of issue... cheers

• Like 1