Enpass Discussion Forum

Dropbox sync issue in 6.8.0/6.8.3

Ivarson

Hi @Ivarson

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

I have forwarded this concern to our dedicated tech team for testing purposes. In the meantime, could you please try removing the synchronization from all the connected devices? While doing so, you will also get an option to 'Delete data from DropBox'. Please proceed with it and after doing it, enable the synchronization again on your devices one by one. Let me know if the issue persists.

I wanted to report this because I've been experiencing it more and more lately. It's not just my MacOS devices but also my iPhone too.

This is what I keep seeing even though I re-autheticated it yesterday on all devices, I woke up to this error again:

Not sure what to do or if it's just me who experience this

202326583_Screenshot2022-05-11at9_15_03AM.png.ba322cc441c85f7cb3297ab2ad0129ab.png

Edited by Dani
  • Like 1

Hi @Dani,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

For quick troubleshooting please follow the below-mentioned steps and share your findings with me.

1. Make sure to take the complete backup of Enpass data and save it locally(in the device which has all the Enpass data saved).
  2. Disconnect the sync from all devices that are synced with drop box.
  3. Open Dropbox on any browser on your device --> Go to App --> Enpass folder--> Vault.enpassdbsync --> Rename it as Old vault.enpassdbsync.
  4. Now open Enpass and connect with Dropbox Sync on all devices.

• Like 1

I'm having the same Dropbox issue on my Windows 11 pro (21H2) PC with Enpass 6.8.0 (1059).  I have to re-auth with Dropbox at least once a day on this PC.  No issues with my iOS and Android devices.

I tried removing the sync from all devices as suggested above, but after resetting everything the problem persists on my Windows 11 PC.

I also tried uninstalling Enpass and re-installing using both direct download from Enpass website and Microsoft Store version.  No luck.  I've never had this problem before so clearly it's a bug introduced in 6.8 for some OSes.

Look forward to getting a fix - moving my Enpass db to another cloud service for synching would be a last resort option for me.

UPDATE: This morning I had to re-authenticate Dropbox sync in the enpass app on my iPhone, which has Enpass version 6.8.0 (625) installed. So contrary to my comment above iOS devices are affected.

My Android phone has recently updated itself to Enpass 6.8.1.658 and seems fine.  Is 6.8.1 the fix?

UPDATE 2: No, 6.8.1 on Android isn't a fix - I just had to re-auth on my Android device (a Pixel 4a with Android 12).

Edited by tapster

1 minute ago, mike90 said:

I am having this exact same problem as well. I did the steps above yesterday, and this morning it is still having the issue. Any other recommendations? Is it best to move away from Dropbox to something else? 

My iPhone synced today, but my Mac Mini M1 & Macbook Air M1 both don't sync and throw the same error. Obviously, the steps above didn't work. I'm also waiting on another solution.

1 minute ago, mike90 said:

Seems like ever since their new version was released not too long ago. I am now getting the same error on my iphone as well, So a total of 3 devices having the same issue: iphone, Macbook, and Windows desktop

It sounds like an annoying bug. But I dont see other people reporting it, just us

Just now, mike90 said:

Maybe other people are not using Dropbox. I considered switching over to another cloud service to backup but kinda wanted to see if they would fix this soon. 

Could be, I honestly rely heavily on Dropbox for this. If it's a bug, I hope they address it and fix it ASAP.

In case you try another cloud service, can you please drop a reply here just to mention if it's working or not? 

Hi @all,

Thank you for your understanding.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this matter. We were able to reproduce the problem on our end, due to which Dropbox authentication is frequently required. Our tech team is working on resolving this issue and a fix will be implemented shortly. Please bear with us while we get this resolved. Appreciate your patience and support in the interim. 

#SI-2785

• Like 2

• Moderator changed the title to Dropbox sync issue in 6.8.0/6.8.3