Jump to content
Enpass Discussion Forum

Dropbox sync issue in 6.8.0


Ivarson
 Share

Recommended Posts

Greetings,

I'm currently running Enpass (Wndows Store) v. 6.8.0 (1048) and am having to re-authenticate to Dropbox (for vault sync) every time I open the application (from both a cold startup as well as unlocking while it's already been running in the background).  This is a new problem with the most recent update, as I wasn't having this issue prior. 

This is the message that I'm seeing from within the application (shown below).  If I go through the process and re-authorize folder access in my Dropbox account, then sync picks back up and works again, but will stop as soon as the application locks or is exited.

image.png.b6787c5915ef8746a1a1e61e3162ba93.png

I'd appreciate any help on this - is there anything I can do to assist in getting this resolved?

Edited by EightBitWhit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seconded. I'm running into the exact same issue on Mac and Android versions across multiple machines just since the last update.

Edit: After re-checking, maybe I spoke to soon on the Android version... but definitely seeing this across multiple Macs.

Edited by ValZho
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FWIW, I get this at least once a say on my Android starting about 10 days ago:

 

Please authorize again using your Dropbox account.

 

Have removed the sync and re-added it, makes no difference. I have an Android running Enpass Version 6.8.1.658.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2022 at 9:54 AM, ValZho said:

Seconded. I'm running into the exact same issue on Mac and Android versions across multiple machines just since the last update.

Edit: After re-checking, maybe I spoke to soon on the Android version... but definitely seeing this across multiple Macs.

I am seeing it on my Samsung Android tablet (along with all my Windows machines), but my Samsung Note 20 Ultra and my iPhone are just fine.  It's odd, in that regard.. You'd think it would be either "all broken" or "all working" in that regard.

5 hours ago, Ivarson said:

There are at least three threads on the forums about this. 

Dropbox is confirmed screwed up in 6.8 on all platforms and Enpass has promised updates "shortly" 

Do you have a link where Enpass has acknowledged the issue?  I don't understand how something so broken gets released.

Edited by EightBitWhit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator changed the title to Dropbox sync issue in 6.8
5 hours ago, EightBitWhit said:

I am seeing it on my Samsung Android tablet (along with all my Windows machines), but my Samsung Note 20 Ultra and my iPhone are just fine.  It's odd, in that regard.. You'd think it would be either "all broken" or "all working" in that regard.

Do you have a link where Enpass has acknowledged the issue?  I don't understand how something so broken gets released.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator changed the title to Dropbox sync issue in 6.8.0

Hi @all

Enpass greatly appreciates your patience while we worked on fixing the bug. We have released Enpass beta website version for Windows (ver 6.8.1), which addresses the re-authentication issue for Dropbox. Please try out the beta version from here and share your findings with us.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @all

Enpass greatly appreciates your patience while we worked on fixing the bug. We have released Enpass beta website version for Windows (ver 6.8.1), which addresses the re-authentication issue for Dropbox. Please try out the beta version from here and share your findings with us.

That's 1 OS. What about Mac? iOS? Android? Etc

This is a bug that annoys all of us. It should have been addressed, fixed and forgotten by now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm also experiencing this bug. It's encouraging to read that I'm not the only one and that Enpass has identified the bug and working on a fix. I hope this will be released soon in a market version of the app (not beta).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jazzmozz said:

I'm also experiencing this bug. It's encouraging to read that I'm not the only one and that Enpass has identified the bug and working on a fix. I hope this will be released soon in a market version of the app (not beta).

I hope we won't have to wait as long as we do for a native M1 app bc we still dont have that one. It's been couple of weeks with this syncing issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dani said:

I hope we won't have to wait as long as we do for a native M1 app bc we still dont have that one. It's been couple of weeks with this syncing issue.

Maybe off topic (and a stupid question), but what is the M1 app you're talking about?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jazzmozz said:

Maybe off topic (and a stupid question), but what is the M1 app you're talking about?

M1 is Apple's silicone processor that was released ~1.5 years ago. All new Macs are running M1s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @all

We have now released Enpass beta website version for Mac (ver 6.8.1) and stable version (6.8.1) for iOS devices, which addresses the re-authentication issue for Dropbox. For Mac, please try out the beta version from here and iOS users can update their application from the AppStore.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @all

We have now released Enpass beta website version for Mac (ver 6.8.1) and stable version (6.8.1) for iOS devices, which addresses the re-authentication issue for Dropbox. For Mac, please try out the beta version from here and iOS users can update their application from the AppStore.

Do we have to complete remove the 6.8.0 version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @Dani

It is not required to remove the Enpass ver 6.8.0 to install 6.8.1. In the case of mobile devices, you can update the app from the PlayStore/ AppStore. On Desktop devices, you can visit the dedicated Store (For the Enpass Store version) or on your Enpass app, go to Hamburger sign -> help -> Check for updates. Otherwise, please let me know the device on which you are trying to update Enpass, and I'll assist you with the appropriate steps.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...