Enpass Discussion Forum

WebDAV Sync broken - Enpass6.8.0

parsec

I updated to the AppStore version of Enpass 6.8.0 when it became available. Everything was working fine on my iOS and Mac (latest OS versions) devices. The sync was working everywhere.

But yesterday, I installed a new Mac device (M1 based / MacOS 12.3.1) and tried to connect to the central vault on my Synology WebDAV server (DSM 7.0.1). I could not connect and received credential errors (Please check your username & password). I researched this for hours and thought it might be the certificate installation on the Mac. 

Unfortunately it turns out, that I could fix my issue by downgrading to Enpass 6.7.4. With the old version I can connect my new Mac to the WebDAV vault without any issues. So it is a bug in 6.8.0!

It is also very unfortunate, that the Enpass team makes it extra complicated to downgrade to a previous version. I had to build a download link by using the link to the current website version and then insert the version number to the old version, which you find in the release list. This is very frustrating! It's not the first time that I stumble across quality issues and it makes me wonder if there might be a point to pay more money for a more reliable password managing software from a different vendor, despite the fact, that I really like the approach technical approach the Enpass team takes. So I would really appretiate more quality assurance in the future. Automated regression testing should make it possible to get a handle on that, just saying...

Hi @parsec

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you in this matter. We are aware of the issue some users are facing with syncing through the WebDav service after the recent update. Our development team is working on a patch which will address this issue.

In the meantime, could you please create a demo account of your WebDav and DM me its login-id and password along with the URL? I will then get it further investigated with the team.

I have the same problem but on windows. I can connect to the WebDav with WinSCP but a cannot sync a second (new) vault with WebDav. My existing vault works great through 2 iPhones and 2 Windows Systems. My WebDav Server is a Synology NAS.

The Version I use on Windows 10 and 11 is 6.80.1048.0

• Moderator changed the title to Connect a new Enpass installation to WebDAV is broken - 6.8.0

Same/similar issue with Enpass 6.8.0 on Mac (OS 12.3.1 Monterey), iPhone (iOS 15.5) or Windows 10. Old previously authorized and sync'd vaults (created by earlier versions of Enpass) synchronize OK, but new vaults cannot be sync'd to the server via v.6.8.0 running on any of the platforms. I suspect the issue is relaying the username or the password (probably the latter) to the server. 

This happens with WebDAV running on Synology DS418 on DSM 7.1 and WebDAV Server 2.4.3; downgrading the server did not help. Synology troubleshooting could not find anything wrong with the server and in any case the WebDAV server could be successfully logged in via CyberDuck.

Downgrading Enpass to v.6.7.4 solved the issue on the Mac. Unfortunately, the iOS app can no longer be downgraded and the issue persist on the iOS (iPhone). I'm wondering if Enpass can make the previous version of the iOS app available as a temporary workaround.

• Sad 1

Have the same issues. and we installed enpass through windows store... so downgrade is not an option... this is kinda strange, because it was mentioned already with the beta version. how can this beta come out of beta status??

I'm using 6.8.0. 1059 on Ubuntu and have a problem connecting to a WebDAV resource.

Using a webbrowser, I can easily access the vault.enpassdbsync file from said resource. I already double checked the Username and Password as well as the path, tried to diable SSL verification, tried with and without trailing slashes etc.

Where can I get detailed error information.

PS: connecting from my Android device and Windows machine works fine.

• Moderator changed the title to WebDAV Sync broken - Enpass6.8.0

Hi @MelviX

Thanks for notifying that WebDav is working for you on iOS. Regarding the windows version, could you please create a demo account of your WebDav and share its login-id and password along with the URL? I will then pass the details to our testing team for a thorough investigation.

Regarding the Linux update, @chross we are still working on rolling out the update. Your patience in the meantime is appreciated.

I heavily rely on multiple WebDAV connections - before 6.8.0 this has worked fine without a glitch but now even after updating to 6.8.1 (macOS App Store Version), synchronization is stalling and causing the Enpass App to burn CPU time. For some vaults, it reports errors requiring the WebDAV password to be entered, but does't accept the correct one. I'd rather not tinker with it and hope very much that the problem will be resolved soon.

I deinstall Enpass on my Windows 11 System and after reinstalling from the Microsoft Store a can't get any connection to my Web Dav. The old one to my standard vault (which worked before the deinstall - in my opinion because it was already there) and even a new connection didn't work. This is really annoying.

@Abhishek Dewan - I will sent you a DM

EDIT: After Reinstalling the App again now it is working. 

@Abhishek Dewan: Is disable the Demo-Account cause it's working now :-)

Edited by sil1902
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1