Enpass Discussion Forum

Tags Often Empty under 6.8.1

Matt Miller

Often when starting version 6.8.0 (1048) on Win10 the "Tags" area doesn't show any of my tags. Clicking on the word "Tags" doesn't do anything. If I exit and restart Enpass then (usually) the Tags area lists all my tags, and clicking on a tag shows all the entries with that tag, as expected.

How can I get the Tags area to always be populated with my tags?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Manish Chokwal said:

Enpass will be open the way you left it, which means the tag list will be expanded if you left it that way.

That would be great if that's the way it worked. But the problem I'm seeing is that often when starting Enpass the tag list is not only collapsed, but it's not possible to open it. I click all over the word "TAGS" on the left pane, and nothing appears. Then I quit Enpass and open it again, and finally clicking on the word "TAGS" will expand the tag list.

• Like 1

I am having the same issue with Tags and Categories.  Sometimes the tags show up sometimes they don't.  Categories sometimes the entire category label doesn't show.  If I go to view categories and uncheck.  Then close and open.  Then check categories and then close and open, categories will always be there.  But a random number of opens later it will disappear.    Tags the label is always there.  But many times the tags themselves are missing.

• Like 1

Hello,

V. Enpass : 6.8.1 (1060)

I also have a similar problem. Sometimes categories are visible, sometimes they are not.
Disabling then re-enabling in display settings does not resolve the issue.
To solve this issue (temporarily), I have to stop then restart Enpass.
This problem is very annoying

Edited by Ekalb.

• Moderator changed the title to Tags Often Empty under 6.8.1

Hi guys,

exactly the same problem here with version 6.8.1 (1060) from Microsoft store.

I have also downloaded the latest version directly from your website, but unfortunately the same issue occurs. :S

Please fix asap.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with Tags and Categories in version 6.8.1 (your last update).  The Categories label often is simply not shown and the Tags label appears but none of the Tags are shown.  Category entries will reappear if a new category is created and Tag entries will reappear if a new tag is created; however, the problem will occur again after exiting and restarting the application.  It's very frustrating having to use this workaround to get the entries to appear.  Please fix this!

Same problem in version 6.8.1. I no longer see categories at all and tags are no longer displayed.
Luckily I can still see them in the mobile version. 

Searching on google a seemingly recurring issue with Enpass

• 1 month later...

I am using 6.8.2 and having this same problem. 

The "TAGS" item is showing but there is nothing in it/under it.  Clicking on it/around it does nothing.  I can see tags present on individual passwords (e.g. searching for a password by name then viewing it shows the tag is still attached to the password).  But the UI navigation refuses to show me any tags (see attached image below).

When will this be fixed?  It is a really big bug.

image.png.d99b5fa6bd9daaba30ee71d9016f569f.png

• 3 weeks later...

FYI,

Although it is not a fundamental solution to the bug of this APP, I found that "Windows full shutdown" improves this problem.

1. While holding down the shift key, click "Shutdown" in the start menu.
2. Then turn on the PC.

note: There are several ways to do a full shutdown of windows.

I think this problem is affected by the "Fast Startup" feature in Windows 8 and later.

• 4 weeks later...