Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass crashes with json export

SophiaB

I did that, and the issue is still there. It creates a 0 bytes json file, and then silently the app just crashes.

Edit: sorry forgot to mention it's running on Windows 11 Home version 10.0.22000 build 22000.

Edited by SophiaB

Hi @SophiaB

We are looking into the concern reported by you, but our team of experts require some additional information in this case. Request you to please share the below details with me -

1. The number of vaults you have in your Enpass app.

2. The number of items and attachments you have saved in your vaults.

3. The cloud service you are using to synchronize your data.

Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Thanks for looking into this, Abhishek, I appreciate it :) So to answer your questions:

1. Just one vault.
  2. My vault has 21 files with attachments, and I counted about 64 individual attachments. In total, I have 416 items in that vault.
  3. I'm using Google to sync.
  • Like 1

Whaaa, still crashes. I tried it first with the updated version (it was already automatically updated from the store), and it crashed.

Then I disconnected Google Drive, still crashed.

image.png.ff7db3da685d71bb9f0b1340f7fbf6e3.png

After that I uninstalled it and tried to export with a test vault and the sample items - no issues creating the json.

Then I put back the original vault and... it crashed with a 0 bytes json file.

So I guess it's got something to do with the attachments? They are just screenshots and one private key, nothing large or outlandish.

Hi @SophiaB

While we are looking into the concern reported by you, for troubleshooting purposes, could you please download the Enpass website version from here, restore your database and check the behaviour after exporting? If the Enpass app still crashes, please enable the logs option under Enpass Advanced Settings, then try exporting. After the crash, kindly share the logs which the app has recorded.

Ok I did that, and it had no issues creating the json file (it's 35MB). So it seems to be just happening with the Windows Store version. Do you still want logs? 

Edit: wait, we're getting somewhere. I just tried to export again, and it crashed that time. Here's the log:

Info: [HTTP]  Enabling VERIFY SSL PEER/HOST 
Info: [HTTP]  CURLSSLOPT_NO_REVOKE 
Info: [HTTP]  Using AUTO Proxy detection 

Edited by SophiaB
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Abhishek, any news regarding this topic - since there are several month gone...? 

I experience the same as Sophia described... - very bad!!

enpass 6.8.4 (1167) (website version)

Windows 11 Home Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0

(1 Vault, 632 entries, 138 attachments)

Sync via WiFi

Log:

Thanks for coming back!

Best Marc

Edited by MacGordon

Hi @MacGordon

Our development team is already aware of this issue, and they are working on fixing it. Unfortunately, I will be unable to share any ETA at the moment. Rest assured, I will update this forum when a fix for this concern is released. We appreciate your patience in the meantime and apologize for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter.

Hi Abhishek!

thanks for your reply. This must be a complicated problem if no solution has been found since more than a half year!? I‘m a bit surprised and disappointed…
What is the difference between a back-up and an export? Can you tell me if the back-up also backs up the attachments?

thanks again,

Marc

Hi @MacGordon

I can certainly understand your disappointment and we apologize for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter.

Moreover, the main difference between a backup and export is that the backup file is encrypted. Exporting a file, however, does not encrypt the data. Also, attachments are included in the backup.

Upon creating a new vault/on the app's welcome screen, you can choose Restore from Backup File option to restore the backup file. The same is being discussed here -

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I had the same error and was despairing. Now I have found the solution to my problem. It was a login entry that was faulty.

To find this in 300 entries, I created a new vault locally on the computer and copied all entries into it. After that I deleted all entries and restored them from the trash in groups of about 20 entries until I found the faulty one. This one could not be restored and did not show any entry. 

In the work vault, I could only delete this entry in the mobile app, not on the computer. 

After it was finally removed, the export as a .json file worked.

In this respect, this problem can hardly be solved by the developers, but only by the respective user himself.

I hope this helps at least some of you.