Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Extension is causing problems on Google sites

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I found that focusing any input element makes the extension do strange things. The bug can make keyboard-only usage of the entire website impossible. At first, I thought it's a browser bug, so I even asked a question on stackoverflow, only to find out that it's in fact caused by this extension.

The problem doesn't actually seem to have anything to do with passwords at all. You can find a description, including an example, in this codesandbox (if you have no technical understanding, just ignore the code part on the left and focus on the rendered part on the right): https://codesandbox.io/s/input-element-destroys-focus-behaviour-bydvv

Note that the input field does not even have type="password".

• Like 1

Hello @Timon

Welcome to the Enpass Community Forums.

Thank you for sharing the details of the issue you are facing with the inline autofill. I will be sharing this with the concerned team to investigate it further. Your patience is highly appreciated here. Also, it would be so helpful if you can share the website URL with the browser version details with us. 

#SI-2494

Hi Manish,

thanks for sharing it with the concerned team.

On 12/9/2021 at 8:50 AM, Manish Chokwal said:

Also, it would be so helpful if you can share the website URL with the browser version details with us

The bug is not limited to a specific website. I think the example that I attached should be more than sufficient.

I found the bug in various chromium browsers, Chrome and Vivaldi, and on both Windows and Mac. My Chrome is up to date (version 96.0.4664.55)

Edited by Timon
  • Like 1

I recently was editing some info in my Google account (updating address, adding credit card) and noticed that it was not working. If I clicked on the Save button on the page, it did nothing. Navigating through the Google pages I ended up noticing that any time I had to submit any type of information to Google, I would get the same problem. Click on the Save/Submit button and nothing would happen. I tried Edge, Chrome, Firefox - all had the same problem. I also tried the various In Private/Incognito modes and still the same problem. After some troubleshooting, I discovered that if I disabled the Enpass extension in the browser, the Google site started to work again and I was able to Save/Submit information. If I reenabled the Enpass extension, the problem came back. The Enpass extension is causing some type of problem on Google's sites that is not allowing submission of information.

Hi @Timon,

I would like to share that the issue has been reproduced and our concerned team is working on its fix. However, it requires some additional information. Please save, and share the webpage where this issue is occurring. You can refer following steps:

1. On your Chrome browser, open the webpage on which the issue is occurring.
  2. Use the command “Ctrl+S“  to save the webpage to your Desktop.
  3. An HTML file and a folder of that webpage will be saved on your PC. Select both documents and compress them into a ZIP file.
  4. Then share that ZIP file with us at support@enpass.io and we will get this issue further investigated.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in advance. 

Hi @Rojma,

Thank you for contacting Enpass.

For the time being, I would like to share that you have to add the URL in the blocked list in the Extension settings page on which you are facing this issue.

For example:

image.thumb.png.16f05a1ccddc77f842d2f98fa3946a8b.png

Also, share the following details so that I can assist you better.

1. On which device (along with the OS version) you are using?
  2. The version of Enpass, Enpass extension, and Browser version you are facing this issue?

Please save, and share the webpage where this issue is occurring. You can refer to the below steps on how to do it -

1. On your Edge browser, open the webpage on which the issue is occurring.
  2. Use the command “ Ctrl + S“  to save the webpage to your Desktop.
  3. An  HTML file and a folder of that webpage will be saved on your PC. Select both documents and compress them into a ZIP file.
  4. Then share that ZIP file with us, and we will get this issue further investigated.

Note: Please share the zip file over PM or please write to us at support@enpass.io (along with this Forum Link).

I think i have the same issue with the Chrome / Firefox enpass addon on MacOS.

On certain Forms, the Input Focus acts erratically.

For eg. i can't select another Menu or Text-input field. The Input Focus snaps immediately back.

It partially works when i use Keyboard and tab through the fields, but makes propper work impossible.

Disable the Enpass Addon in Chrome and Firefox and BINGO works again.

There seems to be a lot of focus switching happening when i was trying to work with it.

WORSE:

(Assumption) Lately a certain account gets locked again and again.

As it looks now, when i try to log in, i immediatly get "Invalid user / password" and the User gets locked in the AD.

It seems, that the addon fires a lot Input Focus events with incomplete data to the server.

I found an example of a standard site where the "focus" problem occurs: lastpass.com. I was trying to change a login from the web app with the enpass extension active and I couldn't activate the notes field. The same thing happens if, while modifying a login, you enter "edit forms fields" (the icon in the shape of a wrench): there, after clicking on "add form field" it is impossible to select the values from the combobox "field type" with the mouse, while you can do that with the keyboard. Can you check if you also encounter the same problem? 

Thank you!

I'm using Enpass (6.7.4 (933)) on windows 10 and the extension (6.7.4) on Chrome

I have exactly the same problem on multiple websites. Focus just snaps back to 1 specific field, causing dropdowns and other fields to become unusable. Disabling the extension fixes the problem.

I have this on both firefox and chrome, and on Windows 11 and a MacBook Pro. No problem with Keeper Security password manager.

With Enpass Chrome extension enabled, I cannot create events (or close out partially created events) in the Calendar sidebar in GMail.  If I disable the Enpass extension and refresh, it works normally.

Verified with a new Chrome user account, on multiple computers (Windows 10 and 11 all running latest stable Chrome), and with all other extensions disabled.

If you create an event you will not be able to save it or X to close it out.

Hey everyone - here's an easy place to reproduce this bug: Google's products!

Go to Gmail. Open the sidebar where the calendar lives. Now try to add an appointment, or modify an existing one, or whatever. Especially if you invite someone to said appointment. You will be totally unable to use the sidebar. No cancelling, no saving, no nothing. Same issue in all Google products: drive, docs, sheets, etc.

Very frustrating. Please fix!

• Like 1

I can also report the same issue.

Furthermore, additional problems with Google websites as follows:

- On gmail, tab is not working when composing a new email, and moving from subject line to email body. Need to mouse click in the body field.

- On Google sheets, right click contextual menus do not work. Need to use the corresponding menu items.

- On Google sheets, drag by change the column sizes also don't work. Need to manually adjust the column width by menu item and modal dialogue window.

All these problems disappear when disabling the Enpass extensions.

Issues happen on Chrome for Linux, Firefox for Linux, and Chrome for Windows.

Thanks for the forthcoming fix.

I can also report the same issue.

Furthermore, additional problems with Google websites as follows:

- On gmail, tab is not working when composing a new email, and moving from subject line to email body. Need to mouse click in the body field.

- On Google sheets, right click contextual menus do not work. Need to use the corresponding menu items.

- On Google sheets, drag by change the column sizes also don't work. Need to manually adjust the column width by menu item and modal dialogue window.

All these problems disappear when disabling the Enpass extensions.

Issues happen on Chrome for Linux, Firefox for Linux, and Chrome for Windows. All latest versions as of Jan 2022, also Enpass latest version.

Thanks for the forthcoming fix.

• Moderator changed the title to Enpass Extension is causing problems on Google sites