Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Extension is causing problems on Google sites

I encountered weird behavior of the text cursor at several occasions, when filling out forms on (very different) sites, but did not immediately see a connection. Today it happend again. Today I had more time to try and figure out what might cause it.

I decided to disable the extensions I use with Firefox (latest version 96.0.1 (64-bits) on macOS 10.14.6) one by one, since I only use three. After disabling the first one, Enpass Password Manager, and reloading the page, the text-cursor-jumping was over.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:13 AM, Kai Becker said:

Does anyone have a workaround?

Disable the Enpass Password Manager extension :D

On 1/18/2022 at 5:46 AM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @DrSuSE

You will be pleased to know that we have identified the bug on our end due to which this issue is occurring. The dedicated tech team is now working to fix this problem, and a patch addressing this issue will be released shortly. We appreciate your patience during this time.

#SI-2564

Any thoughts on an release estimate?

• Moderator changed the title to Enpass Extension is causing problems on Google sites

I found another site on which the Enpass extension causes problems:
https://www.mmoga.de/support_center.php

When trying to navigate on this site with Enpass enabled, it is very hard to fill out all fields. After disabling Enpass (quit) you are able to navigate on this website without problems.

I'm using Vivaldi browser 5.0.2497.48 (Stable channel) (64-Bit) on Windows 11 Pro 21H2 with Enpass extension 6.7.4 installed.

Edited by DenalB
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/18/2022 at 11:46 AM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @DrSuSE

You will be pleased to know that we have identified the bug on our end due to which this issue is occurring. The dedicated tech team is now working to fix this problem, and a patch addressing this issue will be released shortly. We appreciate your patience during this time.

#SI-2564

I think we give a different meaning to the word "shortly". 

8 hours ago, Manish Chokwal said:

Hi @vidario& @DrSuSE,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in releasing the corrected version. Currently, I am afraid I do not have its ETA, but I can assure you that it will appear in a future version of Enpass. Meantime, your patience and cooperation are highly appreciated here.  

I appreciate the reply... this is brutal.  My company uses Google Workplace and Enpass is literally making me less efficient at work, hah.  I don't mean this as a threat or something, but I am an nearly to the point where I need to use something else.

Having bugs that are essentially hijacking web pages and not allowing users to fill forms and drop downs  are priority #1.  I had an issue with Enpass due to which safari got stuck on a page and my card was billed twice.  I had to wait months to get a reversal from the merchant.  

web form and filling bugs go against the core basic of what your app is supposed to do.  It trumps all other new features or backlog in development.  Strange that item has no ETA

• Like 1

Using Enpass Password Manager version 6.7.4 in Chrome, causes the following features in Google's products to fail:

1. As a Corporate user of Google Shared Drives, if I try to invite a new user who is external to my workspace to share a folder/file, then I am presented with a warning message and this dialog box never dismisses regardless of either button being placed:
    image.png.5133bb659d42109dee34b17b6fab0cf4.png
    disable the Enpass Chrome Extension and this dialog box works and I can achieve the sharing change I want.

2. As a Corporate user of Google Workspace, if I try to change details of my Payments Profile, another dialog box will not save/cancel in a similar way:
    image.png.4ca8f383455021a19acceb683cefd333.png
    disable the Enpass Chrome Extension and dialog box works as expected.

Should Enpass support engineers wish to communicate with Google over this, I can give you the original tickets I created with their system.

Same issues with the equivalent Firefox extension, version 6.7.0

• Moderator changed the title to Enpass Extension is causing problems on Google sites
On 3/22/2022 at 7:50 PM, AndrewL said:

Should Enpass support engineers wish to communicate with Google over this, I can give you the original tickets I created with their system.

Same issues with the equivalent Firefox extension, version 6.7.0

Good luck, it doesn't seem like Enpass is that interested in this critical bug (or really don't have a handle on it).  It's been a long time for such a big issue.

Sucks, but I am in the process of testing alternatives to Enpass :(

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2022 at 6:53 PM, DrSuSE said:

I switched to BitWarden today.  Some things seem better, some things not as good... but I have not encountered any serious issues that literally interrupt my productivity.  So I guess that's a win.

Hi @DrSuSE

Was there any easy way to export from Enpass and import to Bitwarden?
Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Enpass team,

After being frustrated with Google Chat not working as I expected and blaming Brave for it, I stumbled upon this help thread: https://support.google.com/hangouts/thread/137003619/keyboard-loses-focus-in-google-chat-desktop-app

It seems that the autofilling feature of the extension breaks the "focus" on certain elements within these pages. Specifically, this has bitten me when trying to save calendar appointments using GMail (Google Workspace, using the sidebar), and when using Google Chat (focus is lost when exceeding single-line chat-box width). I've used the blacklist feature in the extension as a workaround (which solves my issue), but think this might be looking into.

My system:

MacOS 12.3.1 

Brave - Version 1.38.115 Chromium: 101.0.4951.64 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Enpass 6.8.0 - Mac App Store (Pro Lifetime)

Let me know if I can help by supplying anything additionally.

• 7 months later...

Hi @DrSuSE

Regarding the Enpass Google Chrome extension interfering and not allowing to create events (or close out partially created events) in the Calendar sidebar in Gmail, this issue has been fixed in our previous updates. If you are still facing this concern, please update your Enpass app, Extension and browser to the latest version and let me know if you are still facing this concern.