Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass is crashing with Google Drive vault

Streiger

No, it doesn't. After (every) restart, Enpass asks for Master Password, opens up as usual and tries to sync again (green circle starts spinning). After a few seconds Enpass silently closes itself.

I was wondering, if You happen to have a build with extra test logging capabilities, I would give it a try, and could collect/provide some logs about this issue.

Edited by Laceee

Unfortunately I couldn't figure the main reason out, but I have managed to get Enpass working properly (at least on my laptop).

Originally windows setup doesn't have Mediatek wlan drivers, so you cannot connect to the internet at setup phase (my laptop doesn't have any ethernet card/port, and USB dongles are not recognized at this phase) and you are only able to create a local account to log in to Windows. I don't know if the problem is in connection with Microsoft local account or Windows drivers/updates, but it's a FACT that I have installed Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit, made a Windows ISO with Mediatek drivers added from Asus site, so I was able to connect to the internet, log in to Windows with my original Microsoft account and get some updates at setup phase. After this setup, everything is fine with Enpass.

Edited by Laceee

More than 3 months now with this issue...

One new "beta" version released, but the problem still is not solved after update^^

As soon as you try to connect GDrive, after granting of permissions the whole app crashes without further info. Every startup afterwards the app also crashes silently without any logs or errors. Turned off internet again, disconnected GDrive and Enpass works as intended without possibility to sync passwords via cloud.

Maybe we should start about talking about a refund?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Error404, @Dirk Cleiren and @Der_Chris_k,

I appreciate your responses. It would be a great help if you can share the crash reports. When you reopen the Enpass after the crash, it should show a dialogue box regarding the crash. Please add this forum post link and send us. Also, does this issue occur if Enpass is synced with other cloud services?

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dear support,

Since a couple of weeks we have a problem with enpass with a combination of Google Drive

When enpass tries to synce enpass crashes with the following in the log

Info: [HTTP]  Using AUTO Proxy detection
Info: [HTTP]  Enabling VERIFY SSL PEER/HOST
Info: [HTTP]  CURLSSLOPT_NO_REVOKE

I have also send a crash report with a link to this post. We use Windows 10/11 machines with Different versions of enpass. Version 6.8.3 beta ( web version) Version 6.8.3. ( 1153) Windows store version.

I also send a crash report with a link to this forun post. If you need more info let me know.

Edited by RickHoekstra
  • Like 1

• Moderator changed the title to Enpass is crashing with Google Drive vault
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2022 at 12:22 PM, Manish Chokwal said:

Hi @Error404, @Dirk Cleiren and @Der_Chris_k,

I appreciate your responses. It would be a great help if you can share the crash reports. When you reopen the Enpass after the crash, it should show a dialogue box regarding the crash. Please add this forum post link and send us. Also, does this issue occur if Enpass is synced with other cloud services?

Hey @Manish Chokwal, the issue is still there. Enpass directly crashes after updating vault. There is no crash report and no dialogue box after reopening enpass. So this way we can not send you any crash reports. But do u still work on this? This issue exists now since 6 months !! :o

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, today I reinstalled windows 10 Pro, install Enpass, synchronize with google drive and... crash every time Enpass tries to synchronize. I install Enpass from Microsoft Store three times. Then found link to enpass intaller from your site - same problem. Before reintsalling windows it works really well. I enable journal, but nothing appended to it.

• Sad 1

Today i received a message from the enpass support and they send me this instruction. Follow these steps and the synchronisation with GDrive will work fine again!

1- Enpass Settings>Advanced>Erase everything
2- Kill Enpass from Background
3- Rename Enpass folder again like Enpass_Crash or Enpass_Old and then remove the 6.8.5
4- Uninstall Enpass 6.8.5

Download the 6.7.4. here: https://dl.enpass.io/stable/windows/setup/6.7.4.933/Enpass-setup.exe

Finally! :D

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue on a new Dell XPS with windows 11.

Tried installing the app both using the windows store and the download link here.

Below is the crash report:

Lognavn:       Application
Kilde:         Application Error
Dato:          03-02-2023 14:39:34
Hændelses-id:  1000
Opgavekategori:Crash-hændelser for program
Niveau:        Fejl
Nøgleord:      

Beskrivelse:
Navn på program med fejl: Enpass.exe, version: 6.8.4.0, tidsstempel: 0x634fff1c
Navn på modul med fejl: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1, tidsstempel: 0xbbf7fb0e
Undtagelseskode: 0xc0000409
Forskydning med fejl 0x0009c582
Proces-id 0x0x381C
Programmets starttidspunkt 0x0x1D937D4E94EFE63
Programsti: C:\Program Files (x86)\Enpass\Enpass.exe
Modulsti: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Rapport-id: 5e417a4b-2791-4d3c-af4b-bb14f743b9ea
Fuldt navn på program med fejl:

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 11:28 AM, Der_Chris_k said:

Today i received a message from the enpass support and they send me this instruction. Follow these steps and the synchronisation with GDrive will work fine again!

1- Enpass Settings>Advanced>Erase everything
2- Kill Enpass from Background
3- Rename Enpass folder again like Enpass_Crash or Enpass_Old and then remove the 6.8.5
4- Uninstall Enpass 6.8.5

Download the 6.7.4. here: https://dl.enpass.io/stable/windows/setup/6.7.4.933/Enpass-setup.exe

Finally! :D

Thank you for posting the solution here. Today I tried again to get enpass to work on Windows. Always the same picture: Enpass opens, shows that I am entitled to an upgrade and closes the window. End. 
The solution to delete everything and install version 6.74 helped.
Just do not understand why ENPASS team does not publish the solution here ??????

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2023 at 5:27 PM, eddi said:

Thank you for posting the solution here. Today I tried again to get enpass to work on Windows. Always the same picture: Enpass opens, shows that I am entitled to an upgrade and closes the window. End. 
The solution to delete everything and install version 6.74 helped.
Just do not understand why ENPASS team does not publish the solution here ??????

I have the same problem.

Wanted to Download the 6.7.4 - but it's no more available!

This issue exists since 9 Months ...

Enpass Team: Please help us!! 

Edited by Hombianer

• 3 weeks later...

Just experienced the same thing on windows 11 and with Enpass 6.8.5.

It works fine with vaults which are not related to google drive, but as soon as I add a vault with google drive the app crashes and I get no warnings or error messages.

This seems like a problem which should be adressed fast? Any ETA on when you will ship a working version?

• 2 months later...

It's now 2023 , Enpass 6.8.6 is still crashing after adding google drive vault under windows 10.

Are you guys going to fix it finally ?

In order to get it back working somehow I neeed to uninstall it and use different vault, which for now stopped me from buying any subscription. This is unaccaptable to have a bug like this for such a long time.

If you guys won't be able to fix it soon I will have to move to another password manager.

Edited by crashev