Enpass Discussion Forum

Android sync with Dropbox keeps breaking Dropbox connection "Please authorize again using Dropbox account"

johnq

I have a Pro account, and the Adroid app is the latest 6.8.2.266. Ever since I upgraded to v6.8 with the new mobile layout a couple of weeks ago, it keeps breaking the Dropbox sync connection, and I keep having to redo it, only for it after a few hours to ask again "Please authorize again using Dropbox account".

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, wiped cache, wiped data, etc.

I used to have another Enpass vault also sync'ed with Dropbox using a different Dropbox account. They were both working just fine in Enpass before v6.8. I have unsync'ed one of them thinking there is a conflict, but the app still keeps breaking the Dropbox sync connection of my main vault with the same message.

Is this a known issue?

Enpass on my mobile is now less functional as I don't get any updates of my vault passwords. having to redo the Dropbox sync every single time defeats the whole purpose of cloud sync'ing.

Edited by johnq

On 5/26/2022 at 12:20 PM, Samuela said:

@johnq please try re-connecting the Dropbox sync one more time. I have similar issue which gets fixed after re-connecting.

Thanks!

As I mentioned, it keeps asking to re-authorize a few hours after re-authorization. It's not fixed at all in my case. At the very least it sounds like a bug when having multiple vaults that sync to different Dropbox accounts, where the 2nd re-authorization breaks the first, and then the 2nd breaks as well, in a loop. However, I did disable sync'ing entirely for the 2nd vault and it still does it for the first.

Edited by johnq

1 hour ago, johnq said:

As I mentioned, it keeps asking to re-authorize a few hours after re-authorization. It's not fixed at all in my case. At the very least it sounds like a bug when having multiple vaults that sync to different Dropbox accounts, where the 2nd re-authorization breaks the first, and then the 2nd breaks as well, in a loop. However, I did disable sync'ing entirely for the 2nd vault and it still does it for the first.

Hey johnq,

I've also been experiencing this in v6.8.1 but in the changelog for v6.8.2 they've pointed out that they've fixed it. I'm not sure if they actually did cause I switched to using OneDrive instead and nextcloud for my other vault.