Enpass Discussion Forum

6.8 'sluggish'

Ivarson

Since Enpass 6.8 and upwards (currently on 6.8.1), Enpass is way more sluggish than 6.7.

It feels like debug-mode is on or something.

This is observed in most actions, starting up Enpass, switching category, adding items, switching views/tabs.

I ran it in a VM at first thinking it was purely poor virtualization performance, but it's the same experience on a physical laptop with Windows 11.

Whats up with that?

• 1 month later...

is there anything I can contribute with, or..?

There is no change after update to build 1084 from Microsoft Store yesterday.

It feels like, from 6.8, the complete vault isn't loaded in RAM after decryption but every view is loaded ondemand since there is a 1-2 second delay when navigating around. Or some added memory cleaning has been added?

I have a pretty new and speedy HP DragonFly with a Intel i5-8265U..

Hi @Ivarson,

I appreciate your response. We have recently released another version 6.8.2 for Windows. Please try that and let me know if that works fine. Otherwise, please help me with the following details:

1. Share the number of items, vaults, and attachments in your Enpass. 
  2. Help me with the cloud sync accounts.
  3. Please confirm if you are using Windows 10 or 11. 

• 3 weeks later...

Used 6.8.2 build 1084 from Microsoft Store for a while and it's still slow.

Since you claim that Enpass shares the same core across OS:es, and the Linux nor Mac-versions aren't slugish, It has to be something in the GUI.. although there's no difference for me in modern versus classic theme.

I've got 4 vaults atm. with 408 items in total.

Windows 11 21h2.

Further more, I have credential guard, bitlocker and a EDR running.

Never the less, prior to 6.8 the performance was way better and Enpass Portable still runs smothly.

Now when I launch the Enpass Helper from systray or a browser plugin, it takes between 1-3 seconds to load the list, and also general navigation within Enpass mainwindow takes noticable time.

Unless you've intentionally put lots of extra checks in for Windows, it feels like your codelogic does something too many times in the app's Eventhandlers..

On 7/4/2022 at 12:32 PM, Manish Chokwal said:

Hi @Ivarson,

I appreciate your response. We have recently released another version 6.8.2 for Windows. Please try that and let me know if that works fine. Otherwise, please help me with the following details:

1. Share the number of items, vaults, and attachments in your Enpass. 
  2. Help me with the cloud sync accounts.
  3. Please confirm if you are using Windows 10 or 11. 

Any response from them devs for Windows?

• 4 weeks later...

Please tell me if you need more data from me regarding the slowness of the Windows apps.

I currently use Portable version 6.6.1 since that's still quick, but it lacks plugin Pop-up support in the browser plugins as well as Windows Hello-support.

I'm surprised there aren't more voices about it. The Linux-app is still quick and responsive so it's nothing in the Core-part of Enpass..

It's now 1 week or more I am experiencing a very slow response in various situations and various OSs (android, MacOs). It's terribly slow like never before, sometimes unusable.

I am using release 6.8.2 (1082) on MacOS 12.5.1.

I am using release 6.8.2.666 on Android 12, Nothing Phone 1

please let me know in case a beta release would become available.

regards

Edoardo

• 6 months later...

Hi Everyone,
I read this list just now...
A have many months ago this similar, or same, or worst problem.
Many time I think, the Enpass doesn't start really, but few minutes later, starting.
Very slow to create any new item. Many seconds, but may the time more then 1 minute... Working, but very very slow...
I have now Enpass 6.0.4(281) BECAUSE The newest versions absolute unstable on my notebook, and crashed time by time, and I need to use, and this version was the workable (the old one). ( I waiting for next NEW VERSION)
few time I was try to do the upgrade, and crashed too... :(
I spent tooo much time.

On Android, and on the Linux (Mint) working right, like before the new versions too. Normal speed and stable.

I Use - LENOVO -  with Linux Mint and Windows 10 Home
"22H2" with Build: "19045.2728" & "Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0"
AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics 2.10 GHz
RAM: 36,0 GB

Hi @BLaci

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For troubleshooting purposes, after creating a manual backup of your Enpass data, try reinstalling the app. If the issue persists, please share the below details -

1. The total number of Items, attachments and vaults you have saved.
  2. The cloud service (if any) you are using to synchronize your data.
  3. Is the Enpass app showing you a crash report after the crash? If yes, kindly share it with me.