Enpass Discussion Forum

WiFI Sync not working while using Mobile Hotspot

Manoj

Greetings

WiFI Sync is not working while using Mobile Hotspot on any of my devices. My system spec is as follows

macOS Monterery 12.4

Enpass Mac App Store v6.8.0 (1056)

Enpass iPad v6.8.1(633)

Enpass Android v6.8.2.666

Hi @Manoj,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

On 5/29/2022 at 3:48 PM, Manoj said:

WiFI Sync is not working while using Mobile Hotspot on any of my devices

Mobile hotspots can't connect to Wi-Fi Sync since you need to connect all your devices to the same Wi-Fi network. I recommend that you try the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps and let me know if it works.

1. Disable and re-enable Wi-Fi on all the devices.
  2. Restart your desktop and mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the date and time are the same or set to Automatic on all devices.
  4. Restart your wireless router.
  5. Stop and re-start Wi-Fi Sync Server on your desktop.

For more information refer to this link

What if I'm not at all using a WiFi Router and all my devices are connected to the same Mobile Hotspot WiFI?

While at home my devices are connected to the home WiFI router and the sync is working perfectly. While leaving my home all my devices will be connected to my Mobile Hotspot WiFI, and none of the devices will sync with the server (macOS). Once my devices are connected to any WiFI router the sync will work perfectly again.

Hoping that I've explained the scenario in a more meaningful way.

Edited by Manoj
Detailed explanation

You might also want to check your mobile WiFi hotspot, as the one I used to use a few years ago didn't create a shared network between all connected users. It automatically segregated users as if they were each on their own private network. Perhaps yours does something similar? You may be able to go into the settings of the device to allow access between connected users.

Hi @Discordant,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not sure whether there's is any segregation between devices on the same local network while connected through Mobile Hotspot and also I'm unable to find any settings like this in the Phone. Also all these devices are in the same local IP Address range (192.168.109.xx). I'm using other sync softwares (eg. Syncthing with NAT Traversal, Global discovery and relaying disabled, only local discovery is enabled) without any problem with the same setup.