Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass connect to unknown IP address 34.252.43.209:443 when startup

stanwu

Hi, all

I found Enpass 6.8.1 (1060) (Mac App Store) connect to unknown IP address 34.252.43.209:443 when startup, it seems Amazon EC2 server, then I tried turn off both Check Compromised Passwords and Use Website Icons 2 options (uncheck) but got the same result

I'm worry about this issue (I do love Enpass)

image.png.c26641b1c25824f51143ca94729f4d44.pngimage.png.5d5838b8f61ff37081b0a69e8fdf4266.png

Edited by stanwu

• stanwu changed the title to Enpass connect to unknown IP address 34.252.43.209:443 when startup

The IP address seems to be resolving to rest.enpass.io. Seems to be a rest api, not sure how it is used but I should not worry about it too much I guess.

But perhaps the team can comment on this?

image.png.20936378c4a089f788e81ddcbfd2f62f.png

Edited by Stef

Stef, thanks for your help to this :-)

Can Enpass developing team help to comment on this? we choice Enpass because of it support private cloud and should be a independent app. We can understand maybe Enpass need active license to link back server, hope we could get the official answers, thanks 

Edited by stanwu

On 6/1/2022 at 12:50 PM, Manish Chokwal said:

Hi @stanwu & @Stef,

Welcome to the Enpass Community Forums. 

The IP address that you are seeing is pinging to our servers only regarding licensing and alerts. For more information, please refer to this FAQ.

I have to ask a follow-up question..

If the license is checked every 24th hour, what's gonna happen if I'm offline for several days, or my internet is limited? Will my license be revoked after some days? Also ,as a lifetime license holder, is the license still checked every 24 hour?

Hey @Ivarson,

Yes, the server checks license status every 24 hours regardless of the license type. In the event that a user is offline, the Enpass server will wait for the user to reconnect. The offline user will be able to use the last updated status of a license even if it is expired since the latest status has not yet been updated due to the lack of internet.